Dji F550 with naza lite goes crazy after take off

Silli

Hello.
New F550 with naza lite gps. Built as guided on factory manuals. Preflight settings as naza lite manual says. All it can do is what you see at this video. When it starts rolling, you cannot keep it steady with aileron/elevator stick. At video I only use trottle controll.
I have tested gains from 60 to 200 and all flight modes. I have also calibrated the craft but nothing helps..
Any qlue whats going on ? Engines are running steady, it was just my phone recorded sounds badly.

Check the video and tell what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJjSQU2vVM0

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Bad ESC or motor, with standard out of the manual settings it should be rock solid.

Are you using DJI motors and ESC's?

Check that all motors are going in the correct direction and that you have the correct props mounted, ESC's plugged into the correct position on the Naza.

Check that the sliders in the software go the correct direction.

Cheers

Pete

jlemoo

The commenter on your youtube video also had some good ideas. If it does this in atti and manual mode, then it's not the GPS mount. It would be interesting if you had one extra ESC and one extra motor, you could swap it in and out of all six arms and see if maybe it's a bad motor or ESC. It's a lot of work, but it might help.

Silli

Hello.
All parts are straight from f550 kit. Motors are connected in right ports to mc. Gps takes locking to 5 or more satellites. I have tested all three flight modes with recommended gains from manual.Pretty much same results. Have to go visit seller for warranty exhange of mc. Unfortunately i dont have spares to swap in and find the faulty parts.
R. Mika

soler

Have you tried without the GPS? Just to make sure it is not a compass calibration issue. Ensure the FC is correctly pointing in the right direction with the outputs to the motors facing the nose.

In the assistant software every thing is configured correctly Hexa V etc?

Hi,
I'm a newbie but that looks classic props on wrong to me.
I find this very easy to do and my first flight went something like yours but a lot more spectacular!

STI-REX

Gettin Old
At the 34s mark it seems that 2 of the motors are stopped before the others is this because of the hard landing or do you have the wrong type of vehicle (quad instead of hex ) selected in the assistant ?

I would be looking at the motor rotation and prop rotation as well

Then maybe look at the motor assignment in relation to the ports on the Naza remembering that DJI work the rotation from m1 to m6 anticlockwise starting with motor 1 in the 1'oclock position and spins counterclockwise ,motor 2 in the 11'oclock position spins clockwise, then motor 3 spins counterclockwise and so on

When you sort it out remember to post here your findings to help others

Silli

Hello.
I have made whole setup following dji setup videos hardware and naza lite sections. Really not that hard. Flying& building nitro helis over 10 years covers these basics for me. Maybee its motor 3 as it is left a little behind. Unplugging gps antenna makes no difference. I can take controll of this wobble for a second or two by swinging aileron/elevator... wow this thing is harder to fly than nitrohelis without modern gyro lol.

Landing is hard because i use instant motors stop setting to prevent damages to hexa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silli

Broblem solved.:frog:

It was interference issue in my JR Spcm received. I swapped the receiver from my one heli and boom. Steady it goes in all flight modes.
Regards
Silli
Finland..

Silli

Hello.
In the end it turns out to be my blindness in settings. Not the receiver :upset:
I have chosen wrong setting in motor mixer page. Hexarotor V instead of Hexa rotor I.
I leave this topic here as it clearly shows we can mistake and not to check first what others suggest.
Now as I think the behaviour in video, it all makes sense. Hexa tries to compensate but as heading of MC is wrong, it takes copter in the hula hula mode :dejection:

Thanks for your help in this...
Regards
Silli

FlyGirl

Hello.
In the end it turns out to be my blindness in settings. Not the receiver :upset:
I have chosen wrong setting in motor mixer page. Hexarotor V instead of Hexa rotor I.
I leave this topic here as it clearly shows we can mistake and not to check first what others suggest.
Now as I think the behaviour in video, it all makes sense. Hexa tries to compensate but as heading of MC is wrong, it takes copter in the hula hula mode :dejection:

Thanks for your help in this...
Regards
Silli

Thanks for posting the solution! It will help the next person with that issue :)