DJI F550 with Ground Station, first long flight

Here is a video of my F550 doing it's first "long" flight, about 1.6km.

And some pictures of my Ground Station and how i fit everything on my F550.

Attachments

• DSC00699.jpg
    DSC00699.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC00700.jpg
    DSC00700.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC00701.jpg
    DSC00701.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC00702.jpg
    DSC00702.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC00704.jpg
    DSC00704.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC00706.jpg
    DSC00706.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 482
Last edited by a moderator:

Visvid

London Newbie
Looks Great, how did it perform ? Mine is on order but the dealer is awaiting CE certification before sales so hopefully seeing your from Sweden it should be here in the UK very soon.

Visvid

London Newbie
Thanks for the info, will look forward to trying mine when it eventually arrives have built a 550 with Naza V2 specifically for this had some issues with stability using 1038 props on a bare bone quad but now have put 8" props on and flies a treat.

FlyGirl

Hi Magnus... :) I was curious about your videos.... I've never seen videos of planned missions with waypoints etc. although I am sure there are many on Youtube and Vimeo. Just wondering about how it works. I suppose you have software to create a flight plan or mission. Once you have created it it uploads commands to the flight controller right? Does it load the whole mission making it totally autonomous or just one leg at a time? I noticed at the end of this last video you mentioned a connection break and you had to land it manually. What happens if that occurs a kilometer away where you can't see the quad. I fly FPV and LOS only as my flight controller doesn't do waypoints so just curious about how it works :)

Visvid

London Newbie
So far looks Impressive

Todays mission.

Very impressed Magnus, what happened at the end when it lost connection have you figured out what caused it... Also did you use the go pro .. footage looks pretty stable

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Magnus... :) I was curious about your videos.... I've never seen videos of planned missions with waypoints etc. although I am sure there are many on Youtube and Vimeo. Just wondering about how it works. I suppose you have software to create a flight plan or mission. Once you have created it it uploads commands to the flight controller right? Does it load the whole mission making it totally autonomous or just one leg at a time? I noticed at the end of this last video you mentioned a connection break and you had to land it manually. What happens if that occurs a kilometer away where you can't see the quad. I fly FPV and LOS only as my flight controller doesn't do waypoints so just curious about how it works :)

Hi!

I use DJI's Bluetooth Ground Station with iPad. That's connected to my Naza v2. The whole mission is uploaded to flight controller, and if i loose connection it continue to run mission. I can take control with my regular TX to control it. I also have a video link so i see what happens.

saidquad

Hei Magnus. I wonder what happens if GPS signal is lost during the waypoint flight. Does the bird hover until the signal is back?

FPV Dude

I read in the manual that the ground station sends out a heartbeat, when the air end does not hear it anymore, it hovers for a minute, if still no heart beat, it goes back home.

Flydigital

Very cool and nice setup. I look forward to doing my first FPV soon with the 550. Can I ask about your GPS and how you attach it to the 550? What kind of stick is it that holds it in place? What stops the GPS from rotating around off centre? I have mine held in place so it can't pop off but the stick isn't glued so I can take it off for transporting. But it means I have to wedge the wires under a battery and keep it tight. It's a bit Heath Robinson but would be more accurate if it was firmly in place.

fabiolr

Hey Magnus

How's the GS doing? I am planning on adding the datalink to my F550, just wondering if you still love it. Have you made any flights on a more populated area?

Also, how do you re-gain control with the TX if you want to? Have to cancel the flight plan or just start using the TX?

Tks

leofuica

Hi, Tahoe Ed:

Great job with F550...im worked with them and fly normally 2,8 km far away and 2,8 km back, total 5,6 km with camera and 3 kilograms, 6,6 amp 4S and stock motors with 10" DJI props.
Only 1 motors burn out in fly because the system was to the edge (4S and stock motor with 10" props) obviously with Datalink DJI 900mhz .

Actually i have a Tarot 810 and fly over 20 minutes or 11 kms in single fly with WK + Datalink, full autonomous, 15" , 390KV , 6S 13 amp and video 5,8 200 miliwatts for all 5 km with patch antenna.
Sometimes the connection with datalink missing for seconds...10..25 seconds because trees or building in path, but reconnected it self.

Never lost the connection more than 25 seconds, i soupose that more than 60 seconds Go Home...

I confess that the first times i have panic with Datalink and longs flyes....very much... actually a little... :)