Dji f550 / naza v2 + dx8 issue / ar8000

sybasurfa

Hi,

I have in front of me a DJI F550 + NAZA V2 which I am trying to run off my DX8 TX.

So far I have done the following...

Built the F550.. Added the Naza V2... connected it all up to the AR8000 as follows:

A - Aileron
E - Evelator
T - Throttle
R - Rudder
nothing - Gear (no Landing gear)
U - AUX1
X1 - AUX3
X2 - AUX2
X3 - PMU

The DX8 was set up for my S800 so I copied the settings in the hope of keeping things generally the same... and re-named them F550.

Then I went to bind in the new F550 channel on the DX8 to the AR8000.. so plugged in the bind plug.. powered up the NAZA V2 and AR8000.. went 2-3 metres away, held the BIND button down and powered up the DX8.

Everything seemed to work.. the lights on the AR8000 now show a solid orange as opposed to the blinking phase. I remove the bind plug, power everything down.. then power back up. This is when I noticed the orange flashing LED on the NAZA V2. Thinking it was odd I quickly checked the manual which says "Transmitter (TX) signal lost, enter the FailSafe". Again.. odd as I thought it was bound.. so I double checked the AR8000.. still a constant orange LED?

Next I plug the NAZA V2 into my PC via the USB and start up the ASSISTANT SOFTWARE. Immediately It says I should upgrade the NAZA to Version 4.02, which I do. Not sure I should have done this without a bit more research.. but moving on.. bottom left hand corner it says MODE : FAILSAFE - this seems like it could be the problem?

I go through all the settings for the compass placement.. set it up as a HEX.. check motors.. all is working.

The problem I now have is when I get to the calibration settings for the TX I am getting nothing at all.. I have checked all the switches and thumb controls without any joy.. its as if it's bound... but it isn't?

Hoping some kind soul out there may be able to help me resolve this.. or at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

cutter

Remove SD card from transmitter to start with if you have one inserted,some of the sd cards are problematic.The other one is that if you upgrade then you have to recalibrate sticks sometimesbefore they will move on the assistant.

A couple of ideas. If the Receiver has not been bound. Make sure the USB connection to the naza is NOT plugged in during binding. Make sure that the frame rate in the DX8 controller is set to dsmx. Make sure your bind plug is not damaged. You should know if the receiver bound correctly as during the binding it will display the frame rate and when at the main screen on the dx8 it will show the communication protocol of dsm2 or dsmx in the top right. You need to tell us if it is bound or not. If in serious doubt, bind and test with a simple servo while not connected to the naza controller. Let us know if it is binding first.