DJI F550 gain settings

Hi. after a few flight i discovered that i have forgotten to connect the gains to aux1 and 2(that probably explains the numerous crashes i already have had :D ). now that i have done that i am a bit confused. Those settings doesn seem to be configurable in my machine. or does it suppose to be like that?

If anyone have guide for dummy's like me it would be much appreciated :D

//Flippo Rabasta

chipwich

Identify what switches on your transmitter are associated with aux1 and aux2. If they are two way switches, then you would probably want to set the travel in your transmitter to be at or near the default gain and the high end of travel something above that. For instance, if the default gain on a port is 140, maybe set the high end to be something like 175 or even 200. With NAZA Assistant connected you can view the effects of moving those high and low travel settings in your transmitter. Then while flying, switch back and forth between the two switch positions, 140 and 175 to see if one is better than the other. If you have a rotary knob, you could set the low end travel position to be something lower than default. I don't have any three way switches unassigned so unsure about those. Does this make sense?

Identify what switches on your transmitter are associated with aux1 and aux2. If they are two way switches, then you would probably want to set the travel in your transmitter to be at or near the default gain and the high end of travel something above that. For instance, if the default gain on a port is 140, maybe set the high end to be something like 175 or even 200. With NAZA Assistant connected you can view the effects of moving those high and low travel settings in your transmitter. Then while flying, switch back and forth between the two switch positions, 140 and 175 to see if one is better than the other. If you have a rotary knob, you could set the low end travel position to be something lower than default. I don't have any three way switches unassigned so unsure about those. Does this make sense?

No :D

i have a JR DSX9 MKII and i've set them on AUX1 and 2. i guess that will be a 3 switch. i have seen the gains change, but i cant change the values.

chipwich

On my Spektrum TX, it is under Servo Setup. There you can change Travel, Sub Trim, and Reverse. Travel sets the limits at each end extreme of the value sent by throwing the switch either direction. The JR probably has something similar.

Ok. I had to change(trim it) the gear value in the tx so that it would fall under Attitude and Manual. It is the same for the gains?

chipwich

It should, but before I comment further, it would probably best if a JR owner chimes in here. I was going to tell you not to use Sub Trim, which is what I think you mean by "trim it". But, after taking a look at your manual, it is so different from the Spektrum radio gear, that I might be taking down the wrong path. In general Sub Trim is used to make small adjustments to the servo horns to put them in the desired (usually center) position at mid stick. "Travel" is usually used to set the endpoints, or where your switch lands at each position. But again, it is not obvious to me in your manual, which is probably because I use a different product. However, if it works for you, roll with it, because we are just talking switch positions and not control inputs, which need full fidelity.

ok now i follow you. What i ment with "trim it", it was when i had to set the gearswitch in the right position(Attitude and Manual).
played around with the settings a bit and understand some more about it, but ill give it a go with the default settings at first.

p.s but if there is a JR owner here please write :nevreness:

managed to get the thingy in the air today :D weeeeee in atti mode it seems rocksolid. didnt have a real change to test it properly though, cause my batt ran out. had to move around some props that where on the wrong motor etc (did crash it last week, 1 arm and 3 props gone).
Need to get some better batteries for it as well, and a good charger.

Any recommendations would be nice. have had a look at the turningy 4s 5000mah. but since im new to this i sure need help.

chipwich

Good job. I'm using the nano-tech 4S 6000 mAh and 8" stock props with good results lifting the F550, aeroXcraft gear, GoPro gimbal and GP 2, but there are probably better power to weight ratio batteries. Here is a crappy video before I sorted out the gimbal and on a windy day, but I made a couple of short speed runs to give you an idea of the power. Flying in atti mode. This was actually the first time flying it other than a hover test in the backyard.

Last edited by a moderator: