DJI F550 build

davey_b

Looking to build a F550 soon which I plan to use mostly for putting my gopro on and taking video. Going to get a gimbal etc. in a bit but just want to get the thing up in the air first and so was wondering if folks could look at this list of parts and see if I'm missing anything or where it could be done better/cheaper/lighter.

Link to the dropbox excel spreadsheet on dropbox is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/68dycg0tkg32jwh/DJI F550.xlsx?dl=0

Thanks

davey_b

To be honest a 2 axis gimbal you can get for £40 and a 3 axis one you can get for £80 - £90 so it's not that bad for the quality you get from it. Other option is to build your own gimbal

Kratos

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 275
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 291

Kratos

It is very difficult (al least for me) to have big flight time and to stay in low budget... I think main problem all multirotors is flight time. Do you have minimum flight time?

davey_b

Nah, not really, 10 minutes or more would be nice but as long as it's more than 7 minutes or so of hovering and gently going about that'll be fine.

Kratos

The time it takes to haul the camera into position, take the shot, get back and land. Sometimes 30 seconds is enough.
It depends from person to person. For me 30 second is not enough. I need steady video clips 2-5 min.,so 20 min. in hover minimum but that cost. Anyway I dont want to replace batteries every minute plus I dont have money for multiple batteries :D At this moment I am thinking to invest my money in something else, but then I quit and that is not in my nature :D

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
From task to task rather than person to person. 30 seconds flight time is not enough if what you need is a 5 minute reel. A flight for a still can be as short as 30 sec, but I would like to have some margin on top of that.

Five minutes is what I get out of my F550 with gimbal and NEX-5 (calculated, not tested to the limit yet). It is enough to lift of, fly a few hundred meters, fly around a while while trying to get a few good angles, get back and land.

davey_b

I've heard that sort of thing can be caused by props on the wrong way. Check they are all in the correct position with regards to clockwise and counter clockwise

Sent from my JY-S3 using Tapatalk

RobBurn

Look at my sig. 4s 5000. I get 10 minutes of easy flying and hovering. Id also recommend a 3d gimbal.