DJI F450 Instability on take-off and drift to the right

Pmsawy

Hi Guys,

I'm having a somewhat similar problem, I just installed Naza M V2 on a QAV 540 that has Dragonlink and DX8. Calibration, etc, all went fine, CG is good, etc. But for some reason it wants to fly nose down, as if I was applying front elevator. I have to use a lot of back elevator just to get it level. Happens in both GPS and Atti. I even swapped it out for a second V2 and the exact same behavior happened. Once airborne, if I adjust trim for back elevator to the max, it will almost level out. The Naza is right over the CG and the mast is right above it. I'm really scratching my head at this one...any thoughts?
Thanks in advance. -Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bensid54

I use Futaba fpr a radio system so I can't help with radio settings but someone with a DX8 may be able to point you in the right direction. When you hook up the Naza assist what do the the sliders show in relation to your stick inputs? I find when I plug in my batteries and wait until it locks on home base with the two green flashes things seem to be more settled. I fly in GPS mode but leave att lock and home lock off and only use manual have you done this? The only time I tried ATT lock and home lock was simply to check them out after about two minutes of flying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pmsawy

Yeah, does the same in manual...on the Assistant, everything is green and ranges look fine. Thanks

bensid54

Starting to sound like the controller to me. I have a Naza light so I can't help with the V2 it could be they haven't worked out the bugs for their new system yet.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Did you do the transmitter calibration and press finish when all the bars were green and centered? Calibrate your GPS? Any trim or subtrim, mixes or curves programmed into your transmitter?

Cheers!

Pmsawy

Thanks Ben, tried all that...I can almost level it out with manual back elevator trim...could the front ESC's have been damaged such that they could cause this behavior? The motors certainly "sound" normal...thanks

figgy

I have found that I was having the same problem wanting to go right all the time , I just done the IMU calibration and it was out heaps, no more drifting :)

bensid54

Check your motor mounts if you tighten motor mount screw tight then the next on so on you can slightly warp the motor base causing the shaft to bind in the bearing. Undo all the screws to just loose then tighten them bits at a time several times till tight this will take care of that if you have a problem there.