DJI f450 flipping in atti mode.

dran7980

Hi All
Another Newbie here (just what you all need).My problem is I know nothing about quads and 2 weeks ago crashed , I hit a tree branch and it dropped to the ground after which I started reading forums and watching youtube to try and sort out my problem and learn.
Anyway every time I try and take off in atti mode the quad flips over to the left (viewing from the rear).And when I take off in manual mode appears to fly ok ,Its a bit hard to control but seems to be fine. If any one can help it would much appreciated.

Regards

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
The biggest cause of this, is props or motors turning in the wrong direction......

Check rotations of both...

Looking from the back of the quad.
M1 is your front right and rotates Counter Clockwise
M2 is your front left and rotates Clockwise
M3 is your rear left and rotates Counter Clockwise
M4 is your rear right and rotates Clockwise

Your props, should be blowing air down, the leading edge of the prop should be higher, if your using DJI props, they emboss the size on the top of the blade. 1045 something or another for the 10"

**Sorry** did not notice the part about manual mode....

When taking off in Atti, give it some gas, put that thing in the air. I fly in Atti mode mainly as I am not that good in manual yet, I give it a lot of throttle to clear the ground, sure it wants to go off in one direction or another, give it some Aileron or Elevator to put it where you need it.

Most of the times, some of the motors run slower than the others, another way to do it, lift off in Manual mode and flick over to Atti when your up a few feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
If you ask me, I think the Naza should set all motors if in Atti or GPS mode to the same level on start up. Most of the time it will want to go one way or another, just stick it in the direction oposite to what it is tying to go. When you get used to it, it will be second nature to get it off the ground fast, as soon as it is up, she will settle down..

I concur Deanot - if you play around and not pop the thing off the ground it i will always misbehave. I have searched for basic trouble shooting after a light crash.. but maybe you can help me?

dran7980

Thanks for your input , I ordered a new VU unit and installed it then did the calibrations via the Naza assistant re set the GPS and Bingo fly's perfectly now my grandsons will get off my back.
Cheers