DJI F450 / 8" props / 3s lipo ?

Hey all, ive been using the stock 10" props with my F450 and cant get a stableflight when moving or descending. I switched to the 8" props and it flies 100% better.

My question is, can I use my 8" props with a 3 cell lipo? Is that unwise? I dont have a 4s and charger yet, but I have lots of 3s. I will be ordering some4s soon.

im running. F450 ARF, KK2, 2600mah 3s 35C

Thanks.

rexbirk

The 10" props are intended for 3 cell use. I'm sure the rpm's are higher. Not sure how much. Certainly wont hurt the electronics as the amp draw will be less. Is it possible your instability with the 10 inch props is from your gain settings?

I use 4 cell packs and the 8 inch props. Am very happy with mine that way. I found a cheat sheet in either this forum or another, I can't remember, that had all the settings listed. I used those and mine flies great.

rexbirk

I cant remember where I got it now but if you give me your email address I can forward you the spreadsheet. Mine works great with the exact settings from the sheet.

rexbirk

Some great video. Cold up in Canada Ey! It's in the 60's here in Ohio today but windy. Did get to fly my quad yesterday. Tried out the Return To Home. Quite spooky giving up control to the Naza! How do you like the Hobby King Board? Does it have altitude hold?

Yea the weather is pretty cruddy most of the winter, sucks for flyin... but this weekend is the first nice wknd we've had all year, so I'm taking advantage of it, I've been flyin non-stop. I LOVE IT.

The NAZA is something I'd like to pick up in the near future for sure, I would really like the peace of mind of having RTH and GPS lock, but for the time being, the KK2 is amazing. For $30, its awesome. there is no altitude lock or GPS, but it does fly very well and the LCD screen makes it super easy to adj gains and stuff on the field.

...back to F450, I want to buy some Graupner props, because I hear the stock DJI props are garbage...they have done me well so far tho.. Can someone recommend a website to buy some DJI style Graupner props (8", 9" and 10")

Thanks

Rehost

Bradatech.con

Amazing service, great people, and free shipping for large orders.

Canada is still starting on the multirotor platform, but if we keep supporting our own then maybe there's still hope for us LOL

Cool 450, must freak the heck out of people LOL finally we have flying weather!!

Dab

rexbirk

Yea the weather is pretty cruddy most of the winter, sucks for flyin... but this weekend is the first nice wknd we've had all year, so I'm taking advantage of it, I've been flyin non-stop. I LOVE IT.

The NAZA is something I'd like to pick up in the near future for sure, I would really like the peace of mind of having RTH and GPS lock, but for the time being, the KK2 is amazing. For $30, its awesome. there is no altitude lock or GPS, but it does fly very well and the LCD screen makes it super easy to adj gains and stuff on the field.

...back to F450, I want to buy some Graupner props, because I hear the stock DJI props are garbage...they have done me well so far tho.. Can someone recommend a website to buy some DJI style Graupner props (8", 9" and 10")

Thanks

The Naza is amazing. The altitude hold and return to home are very nice. You could put it up and leave it in one spot forever, even the wind doesn't effect it. Only a low battery would force it down!

Thanks, and that site actually sells them in packs of 4 and 6..nice. and I'll buy from Canada whenever possible.

Yea the blue light strip looks pretty cool in the dark. I'm soooo happy theres finally good weather!! I've been waiting months for this! Time to fly!

-I'll deffinatly have to upgrade to NAZA very soon....$400 is a lot....but from what I hear, they are wellll worth it! I'll just have to see for myself.

dronedudedan

Can anyone recommend the best props to fly with a f450 with dji stock 920 kv motors using 3 cell lipos. I fly this quad with a tarot gimbal and gopro. currently have 2100 mah batteries but assuming i will need some more juice to get longer flights. trying to look for a place to buy props that wont break the bank this month. I have read that alot of the props from HK have to be modded to fit correctly and i donk really want to take that route