Dji datalink

nytram

I don't think we have a dji issue as google earth will not run on mine either..

DJI are right in asking if the link above works. And that's what we need to get working... I would start looking at proxy setting in IE.

nytram

Ok. Done some googling and there are a few sites saying turn off auto detect proxy settings. Try it and tell me if it works?

I have bought mine recently and the first time i tried to start it thursday it wont work , mine have never worked , have yours worked well and then stop working ?

I agree that the problem is Google earth or some settings about this , ive tried to set off my firewalls but no results

atomkind

The only way I found solving the google earth problem is a fresh OS install with skipping the dji google earth plugin from the DJI DVD. The only issue that i have now is that i cannot connect to the wookong link anymore because the connect button stays greyed out.

Maybe these are 2 different problems. Reinstalling the OS and NOT installing the google earth plugin from DJI will definitely bring the maps back.

Best

nytram

Interesting you think it's the DJI one...

I have been playing tonight and not got very far I had planed to build a field laptop as I felt uncomfortable will using my high spec one... But I don't like to be beaten !!! If it's a case of the plugin let me play some more!!!

Martyn

vislaw

Haven't flown my DJI Groundstation in awhile and so I ran an update and got ready to go out only to find no Google Earth. Obvoiusly, I'm having the same problem reported here. VERY frustrating. How widespread is this?

nytram

Searching the Internet there are may issue with GE. If its the dji plugging causing it for us I'm not sure but I have not found a fix yet.

But at least we can rule out the dji software by using the plugin link here..

Has anyone had any more feed back from dji ?

Martyn

vislaw

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the info. However, I'm not quite sure what you mean by saying we can rule out the dji software by using the plugin link here. What link are you referring to? Have you, in fact, ruled out the dji software as the problem?

THANKS

nytram

I have issues with the running the google plugin. On a clean pc never had the dji on it lots of others are having the same issue with other applications that use this plug in.

stasid

In my laptop I had installed google earth before I install GS and it was working great. The same thing with two other laptops that running Windows XP .
From the moment I install GS, google earth never running properly again. I remove everything from control panel add/remove programs (GS4.0.6, googlearth plugin, google earth, even .net framework) many times and I install them again from the beginning with the right order, with different order, only the google earth , but Google earth never worked properly again.The same thing with the two other laptops that running Windows XP .
Then I remove everything from pc , reboot and I install only Google Earth.Ti is not working again. When I tried to uninstall it I saw Chinese letters to the popup!That's why I conclude there is something wrong with GS.
By the way what OS are you using (Windows XP or Windows 7)? Because I thinking to buy a new netbook running Win7.

atomkind

I use windows 7 64 bit.

I get google earth working but ground station will not connect (the button stays grey). I am currently installing a different version of windows 7... don´t think it will help but i hope.

Best

I use windows 7 64 bit.

I get google earth working but ground station will not connect (the button stays grey). I am currently installing a different version of windows 7... don´t think it will help but i hope.

Best

I have tried both 32 and 64 bits win 7 without any luck

nytram

I have tried w7 an xp laptops

My works laptop seems to have no issues with it on w7. On my of at work not issues either both 32 bit. The rest are 64. There does not seem to be a pattern

atomkind

I´ve just tried windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Again google earth works, but GS not willing to connect (greyed out connect button). When I install the DJI Google Earth plugin Google Earth and GS will not show a map anymore.

I think DJI will need to make a fix for that.

Anyone else having a greyed out connect button?

stasid

In my case when GS loads the "click and go" function doesn't work. I am pressing space bar and appears a "just-in-time Debugging" form.Always with the google earth image cloudy of course.