DJI connection with futaba

surfing thru e-bay, the TFR8SB sells for about $59.. about $11 cheaper than a R6203SB... Don't think I want to risk a quad for $11.

mitsaras

Thx for the replies guys - that's what I was thinking too! I'll pick up a R6203SB for my f450 and save the 6308SB for something bigger :nevreness:

steph280

I've been running a Frsky TFR4 FASST RX with Mikrokopter for a while now, never had any issue. If you read rcgroups on people's experiences with Frsky products, you will find they are bulletproof just like the Futaba's. They are popular not only because of price, but also neat features like ability to link two 8 channels together to form 14 channels, and of course in the case of Mikrokopter, CPPM output. Some models even have RSSI output so you can see the signal strength on OSD or data downlink.

And here's a little secret I learned: if you ever want to buy one of those wireless trainer port thing Futaba charge $100 for, samething can be done with Frsky's $29 TFR4 receiver and their $2 cable. This will let you have a wireless buddybox connection, as well as wireless flight simulator!

Here's where I get mine from, local shop here in California.
http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-gear/futaba-fasst-compatible.html

elorest

Does anyone know if its possible to use sbus but still have a channel left over to control a camera shutter. I guess what I'm asking is it possible to use sbus and traditional at the same time?

I pose this question to Futaba support while back, here is their reply. I did not try it, if you are, let me know if this works.

==========================================================

Go under the Linkage Menu to Function and change that channel to an auxiliary channel. Than change the control to the switch you want to control it with.

We hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.)

DID YOU KNOW that our web pages now all contain FAQs? (Frequently asked questions) Please drop by and take a look! We hope you'll find the information helpful and valuable to you.

Sincerely,
John G.- PS9004
Product Support Lead Technician
Futaba Programming Technician
Great Planes Model Distributors

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp thats the thing. I guess it only works in combo with a futaba transmitter since i have a graupner transmitter with a robbe/futaba module for RASST I can't do it.

Thanks for the email/explanation !

Boris

elorest

It seems to suggest that you can only do it with futaba sbus servos. Maybe thats just so they get more money though. It would definitely be nice if I could control my naza via sbus but still control some camera straight from the receiver.

The question I asked Futaba was how to use the three un-use ports of the receiver. According to Futaba support, their reply was how to do it. I told them I am using standard servo. When I get another R6203SB, I will give that a try.

srbell

Does anyone know if its possible to use sbus but still have a channel left over to control a camera shutter. I guess what I'm asking is it possible to use sbus and traditional at the same time?
Yes, but there's a catch. The physical channels 1-3 on the receiver are fixed for your roll, pitch and throttle so they're useless for camera control. What I did is use a subs 3port decoder and assigned it to the appropriate channels 8 and 9. That is for camera pitch and shutter release. Works great, you just need the extra cable.

elorest

Thanks a lot srbell and nellie. I actually have the 8 channel so its possible that I will be able to use one of those. Its nice to know that I have the the option to use a decoder though.

hey everyone! i had our octocopter setup with a turnigy er9x tx and turnigy9x8Cv2 connected with and sbe-1 we decided to switch to the futaba t8fg tx with 6208sb. using the sbus mode we ran just the one wire to the wookong, updated the wookong firmware to newest version and setup the wookong for our octo settings, went over to the futaba tx and when we hit the csc commands we get nothing. we are using the standard aero settings and just reset the ch8 on futaba to handle m/a/gps. does anyone here have settings for this receiver for an octo? any ideas where to start looking? got no motors firing up

thanks!
ruben

steph280

Did you set the Receiver Type in Wookong software to D-BUS?

I have not tried Octo with WKM but S-BUS should work regardless.

Tomstoy2

Also, the 6208 has to be programmed for s-bus. Easy enough to do, if you haven't already, however if you got updates from the mc in assistant, then that isn't your problem.

If you are still hooked up with assistant and tx is updating, ( such as you say m,a & gps are working when you flip the switch on the tx ), and you advance the throttle, then all is ok, it shouldn't start as the mc outputs are disabled as a safety feature. Motors will only arm when disconnected from assistant.

If it doesn't arm when disconnected, first thing I would do would be to double check that I did indeed calibrate end point settings on throttle stick high and low positions.

These are just basic things to check first.

If it still doesn't work, then more information is necessary, like version, and some pics, esc settings, the more info the better.