DJI A2 w/ H3-3D, no camera tilt :(

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hey folks, I've got this build going and it flew today but I can't get the gimbal to respond to tilt commands.

The firmware is up to date in the A2 and the H3-3D gimbal but when I try to map the tilt to a radio channel I don't see an option for an H3-3D, only an H3-2D. The channels shows that it's mapped correctly but the gimbal refuses to move from about a 30 degree nose down attitude. It's stabilizing as the heli is moved but not allowing me to change the tilt position.

Any ideas? It's like a glitch or something that is preventing the A2 from displaying the H3-3D correctly in the assistant.

THanks,
Bart

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
this was a simple case of RTFM (Read the F'in Manual!)....the tilt was configured correctly in the A2 assistant but the wire I used to plug the gimbal's GCU into the A2 flight control system was the wrong one. There are the simple plug in CANBUS connectors and the ones that have a clip to hold them in. I used the wrong one and plugged it into the CANBUS hub on the GPS wire when it should have been plugged directly into the A2's PMU.

I seem to remember a phone conversation with a certain DJI forums support person where this was discussed and I might have even been directed to use the wire I originally used but i'm sure my story wouldn't hold up in a court of law!

So while the A2 assistant still shows the H3-2D in the channel mapping screen, it's working fine with the H3-3D now that the wiring is correct.

:)