Dji A2.....ready to give up I reckon!

rilot

I think they are just focussing on the Phantom and Vision products. The amount of money they must make with those must be way more than they make with the rest of their products put together.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'm confused as to why they'd focus so much effort on removable arms and quick mount this or that when a small percentage of users will ever actually need to travel long distances to a job. it makes things complicated and much more prone to failure.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I heard from a local dealer that DJI can't keep up with worldwide demand largely due to a shortage of skilled workers for their manufacturing facility! Business growth in excess of 20% per month!!

Quinton

I will be very careful now what I purchase that is from DJI as it is now all to do with money and not the product.

Check this thread out for the Ronin... there is $1 million dollars of money just waiting to be taken from a single hand held gimbal before it is even released.
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?115115-DJI-RONIN-Group-Buy

Are DJI still interested in the multirotor users, I would say "a bit" but they may be far more interested in making as much money as possible now, and updates for products that do not work as advertised may just have to wait, as there is far too much money being made selling stuff that has not even been produced yet.

DJI have learned a very simple marketing tactic, get your products into the right hands (usually free) and sit back and let word spread and rake millions in.
Everyone that has been bitten by DJI is just a very small minority, there are millions of others out there that are waiting to purchase.

Check this video out, products that aren't even available "let alone visible" (6mins 10 secs the lesser spotted lightbridge) are being sold as we speak..DJI are on a rollercoaster, just hope they know how to stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:

econfly

I will be very careful now what I purchase that is from DJI as it is now all to do with money and not the product.

Check this thread out for the Ronin... there is $1 million dollars of money just waiting to be taken from a single hand held gimbal before it is even released.
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?115115-DJI-RONIN-Group-Buy

Are DJI still interested in the multirotor users, I would say "a bit" but they may be far more interested in making as much money as possible now, and updates for products that do not work as advertised may just have to wait, as there is far too much money being made selling stuff that has not even been produced yet.

DJI have learned a very simple marketing tactic, get your products into the right hands (usually free) and sit back and let word spread and rake millions in.
Everyone that has been bitten by DJI is just a very small minority, there are millions of others out there that are waiting to purchase.

Check this video out, products that aren't even available "let alone visible" (6mins 10 secs the lesser spotted lightbridge) are being sold as we speak..DJI are on a rollercoaster, just hope they know how to stop it.

This is extremely irritating. Somehow DJI can get product into the hands of special people and key marketers, and even something like their "Ronin" that was just announced. In the meantime, you can't find spare parts or even inventory for many things and, in my case, the BMPCC Zenmuse -- available for pre-order over two months ago with S1000 packages -- is nowhere to be seen. I'm done with pre-ordering anything RC related, and I'm about done with DJI. There is far too much hype and rush to market, over-promised and under-delivered product, and way too much of this putting product in the hands of people who are, effectively, the marketing department, to induce pre-orders and buzz.

sk8brd

that whole red forum has blinders on.lol this will be amusing. With this much $ interest in the ronin i would not see dji concentrating on anything else at the moment. If there already understaffed then the ronin will be priority number one. maybe explains why its being reported that dji distributors are out of stock on certain items.

All new product tests i see done since.... forever are from dji distributors. the guy running the thread on red forums seems to have little experience with dji.. maybe dji will get its **** together on this release, if history is a teacher then i wouldn't bet on it. the zen h3-3d is on its 2nd version already... the gimbals 1st version was just released a week ago but the gopro charging port caused fpv interference so they took it out on v2..

Glennyboy

@Glennyboy I too am having the exact same problem on my S800 Evo and its driving me mad along with some hairy moments, have you found a fix yet or a solution to your problem? I generally ****ting myself thinking the thing will just flip and crash if i continue to fly when its reading no satellites? I have a pretty important shoot which involves flying over water on thursday and i really need to be sure this wont effect it in flight as long as i fly ATTI or manual.

update on my gps sitch....

i positioned the puck smack bang in the middle inbetween my batteries and also paid special attention to exact cog mounting positions, my copter is now flying great....not 1 gps loss after 14 flights.

you still have the problem Smithy?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

i positioned the puck smack bang in the middle inbetween my batteries and also paid special attention to exact cog mounting positions, my copter is now flying great....not 1 gps loss after 14 flights.

i'm no expert but i'd say there's a bug in the algorithm that handles the coordinates of the antenna position....if i had to make a wild a$$ guess and it that really has fixed it for you...

Tahoe Ed

Mine is only 1cm in front of dead center. I have not had issues at this point. My lipos and H3-2D are below the GPS on the AeroXcraft gimbal.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
this afternoon i took off the props, placed it in the garden, waited till all sats, started the motors full power and literally ragged every cable i could find...banged and tapped everything but never flinched.

Ive just moved the puck somewhere ive not tried before.....inbetween the batteries about 10 cm above them...this actually puts the puck in the sameplace as the s1000 so the x/y coordinates are 0/0, because i have no weight cog is 1 cm above smack bang in the middle.

with this ive just been out and flown 2 batteries with no probs at all....most flights ive had without losing gps is 4 so crossed fingers.

Droider can you not get GPS at all or is it losing gps while in the air?

gps module 01T0023199
imu 0210020207
main controller 01R0023865
]
]In the air and for no reason at all. even the on board spectrum telemetry tells me I have 9 / 7 / 11 or what ever but A2 GPS just refuses to see them.

There is defiantly something going on with DJI. NO STOCK in Europe what about USA

SmithyFpv

Ye still as bad as ever, is there any chance you could send a pic of your positioning please, i have mine just off centre on the left side where the majority of GPS pucks are. Thanks a mill buddy...

Glennyboy

Ye still as bad as ever, is there any chance you could send a pic of your positioning please, i have mine just off centre on the left side where the majority of GPS pucks are. Thanks a mill buddy...
This is where I've put it.....I may get blasted for this but it works and that's where it's staying :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 370

SmithyFpv

Interesting ok, and since you've had no issues? Have a shoot tomorrow so i'll see how the new update for the A2 works and if no improvement i'll try this! Thanks a mill for the picture Glennyboy...