DJI A2 Ground station compared to WKM

grmw

I am very new to UAVs and had a question about Ground Stations. When I visit the DJI website, it shows off a bunch of ground stations for the Wookong-M Waypoint and the Ace Waypoint. My question is does the A2 have the same software options? I don't link the looks of the 'iPad Ground Station' and would rather have what the videos here show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQYDCM6i7Fc.

Thank you for any responses, and again I am a complete beginner so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.

srbell

The multi waypoint ground station for the WKm is basically designed for the Ace One system and given that you'll run into a few problems. But there's a lot more features than the IPad version it seems. For example there's no photogrammetry function in the IPad version. But then again the photogrammetry doesn't work so great with the WKm and Zen lol. If you don't need photogrammetry calculations I would go with the new system. I wouldn't count on DJI supporting the old ground station as I've already been told there won't be any more support for the LK900 modems. Sad as I just had a pair pack it in.

Tahoe Ed

The multi waypoint ground station for the WKm is basically designed for the Ace One system and given that you'll run into a few problems. But there's a lot more features than the IPad version it seems. For example there's no photogrammetry function in the IPad version. But then again the photogrammetry doesn't work so great with the WKm and Zen lol. If you don't need photogrammetry calculations I would go with the new system. I wouldn't count on DJI supporting the old ground station as I've already been told there won't be any more support for the LK900 modems. Sad as I just had a pair pack it in.

The iPad version also used the PC program. So you get the same benefits as the old hardware in a new interface if you want it. I have tried my LK900 with the new PC software on my A2 it works. I agree that the LK900 will never support BT connection. But I see no reason why it would not continue to work unless DJI changes the communication protocol.

srbell

I didn't realize there was a new PC Ground Control Station. Is it much different than the original? I presume it was designed for the A2 and not the WKm? As for the LK900's, it's a question if they can be repaired right now. I've got a set in with Robert and he's not sure what DJI's going to do.

The iPad version also used the PC program. So you get the same benefits as the old hardware in a new interface if you want it. I have tried my LK900 with the new PC software on my A2 it works. I agree that the LK900 will never support BT connection. But I see no reason why it would not continue to work unless DJI changes the communication protocol.

Tahoe Ed

Yes it is new but really just an update. The basic use of the PC GS is basically what the original was. I have no idea if DJI will repair your LK900. Robert is your link.