DJI 550 WKM Build

badbill

Started this build 4 hours ago and it's ready to fly. The adaptation of the
XA landing gear was as easy as drilling 8 holes.
After the test flight I will put my XA camera mount on it.
I really like the fact that I was able to put everything inside the frame.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

View attachment 2939

Attachments

• 550Hexa.jpg
    550Hexa.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 358

powerplay

Congratulations! Could you post a lot more pictures? perhaps from parts of building?
This will be my same configuration. Any tips for building? Are the Graupners 10´?
Wich one in detail, are they fiting easy without any just age, do for have a part-number, that i can order them easy too? Where can i buy it actually (on stock)?

Thanks a lot and best wishes for good flights...

10" props drop right on there, 1326.10x5 is the stock number, then the left hand turns are the same plus an L i believe
SK

badbill

I get my Graupners from Graupner USA, but when they are out of stock I have gotten them from Electric Wingman in the UK. They are 10x5. They fit perfect with no adaptors. Simply the best for multirotors I have found. The build was VERY simple, only took 4 hours from start to test flight.
It flies VERY nicely! As far as building tips, I have no pics but just think ahead and plan where you will arrange things. Also, don't secure anything till everything is hooked up. It's nice to be able to move stuff around to make it neater and eliminate extensions
when possible. When building DJI WKM, I like to get the IMU as close to the center as possible, secured with this tape, not foam or flexible. I use Hyperion 45C 3s 5000 mah Lipos.

What part of Germany? I lived in Weisbaden and Oberjosbach from 1963-69 as an Air Force brat...

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

X aircraft 650, i gotta order some, anyone know if the xa gopro gimble does a good job?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

N720HP

Looking good there Bill.
What kind of landing gear are you using?
Also, what battery pack are you gonna use for this setup? 3s 4s?

Joe

toptweaks

Hi,

the landing gear and the camera mount looks great Bill, just 1 question do you use threadlock anywhere when building your F550 if yes which threadlocker ...

thank you

Topper

Hi,

I'm not Bill but for the motors and the frame screws you should use Loctite medium 243. If you need to reopen a screw the trick is heat. Put your soldering-iron onto the screws head to heat it up and the quickly open the threaded connection. Clean both, screw and thread fron dry loctite rests until you fasten and use Loctite again.

Rgds Topper

badbill

I do use threadlock, but you have to be careful with the plastic parts as it will weaken them. I put a small drop on each screw, then dab it on a paper towel to absorb most of it, then insert it. I use the Pacer brand blue loctite, medium.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141