DJI 550 flight cases and storage solutions

Avenger

I apologise if this is restarting an often repeated thread
Having just built my first 550 I am now looking for a suitable flight case in which to store it and all the accessories generally needed along with it.

I have exhaustively searched the Internet and a number of multirotor forums trying to find a solution.
The best solution seems to be a Pelicase 1630 although these are quite expensive and difficult to find in the UK.

so I'm asking does anybody have information about suppliers of Pelicase or similar alternatives or some kind of innovative solution which they've developed themselves.

There is one company in Bradford in the north of England called Flightase UK who actually have a photograph of a DJI 550 in a custom made a case that they have supplied. I called this Flightcase UK and they informed me they had no stock of such a case but they could manufacture one to order with an order to delivery window of 3 to 4 weeks, however they could not give me an indication of price. If you search Facebook for their name you should find them and if you then scroll through their photographs you will quite quickly come across the one that shows the DGI 550 in its case.

haha49

I was trying to find a case and I just gave up. I can take the landing gear off mine in a few seconds just snaps on and off so I need something that can fit the frame only so I resorted to putting everything in a backpack and simply strapping the hexacopter frame to the back with bungie cords. Simple and works well.

Avenger

I was trying to find a case and I just gave up. I can take the landing gear off mine in a few seconds just snaps on and off so I need something that can fit the frame only so I resorted to putting everything in a backpack and simply strapping the hexacopter frame to the back with bungie cords. Simple and works well.

I can find cases but they're all so damn expensive, like £300 to £400 or whatever that is in dollars.

Mojave

I took a different tack and decided that I wanted to just cover the hexacopter and went to "The Container Store". After I described what I wanted to an associate there, they showed me a few items that were unacceptable and gave up. I looked around and found this for $6.99: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/movingShippingStorage/holidayStorage?productId=10008441

It does not offer crush protection but it hides the craft. If I want it to be a bit flatter I also remove the landing gear; a bit more involved with an AeroXcraft set-up, but definitely possible. The hobby.i-drone case looks nice, this is an entirely different concept. If you are out of the US maybe they will ship or look for a similar concept locally.

Avenger

thanks for the help guys,

I'm going to check out the hobby I drone case, I'm in the UK so I'm hoping they'll ship it for a decent price as it looks very good.

Ive thought about a cheap storage container from somewhere like Staples and then adding my own foam layers to it to customise the interior. Rather than the very expensive almost extortionate price of Peli foam, I've looked at a high density furniture foam which is available for £6 for five - 3metre x 3 metre x 30cm sheets.