DJI 5.8GHZ Video Downlink (Transmitter + Receiver)

Tahoe Ed

Hi Peter,

First I want to thank you for your suggestion with the Gopro2 RFI problem with my video connection. Funny enough, there is a precise sequence to follow in order to obtain trouble free operation of the Gopro2 and my DJI downlink transmitter for which you are inquiring. This confirms that it is not an interference problem but a software compatibility issue between various compagnies. Easily solved however.

With respect to the relatively new (these days, yesterdays technology is old technology...) DJI 5.8 Ghz video downlink, I can tell you that I am quite impressed with the overall product, performance, solidity and weight.

Don't get me wrong, I have not tested every product on the market and I am not an expert in communication technologies. I have, however, worked in the field of hi performance electronics as a technician and I have quite a bit of experience flying RC as well as full sized aircraft. I am currently enployed in the field of full sized aircraft maintenance and I am teaching the operations, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems similar to DJI video downlink. To summarize my encounter with this system, I am using it to improve the framing and shots of aerial photography with a DJI 550/NAZA/GPS/Gopro2 on a X-468, 2 axis camera gimbal. My monitor is a Foxtech 7 in. monitor mounted on a tripod. The system is easy to configure (plug and fly...) sturdy (metal casing for Tx and Rx), amazingly light, and feature relatively low power consumption (Tx approx 630 mah and Rx 300 mah). Not bad for a 500 mW system. I was able to get 3.5 km LOS on the ground and I am absolutely certain to consistently reach 2.5 km LOS airborne (very conservative figure) which is twice the DJI published range.

The picture quality is flawless and the 2 clover leaf antennas provided work very well. This system is a bit more expensive than most but you have the advantage of getting matched RX and Tx, all the required cables and the assurance that all is ready to see action. It is well worth it in my opinion. It has consistantly worked flawlessly for me and I have never looked back. You should check Bradatech.com for availability. Free shipping in Canada for order over $50. Hoping this helps.

Roger, Thanks..... excellent information. I also have the XT-468 and am waiting for the GoPro Hero3 Black edition as well as my WKM version 3 c/w iOSD from UAVProducts to arrive very soon. I have not purchased items yet from Bradatech but bought several items including XT-468 etc. from RCHeliCanada.com which is located in Manitoba and therefore much closer to my location here in Calgary.

Good stuff Peter! I have also ordered many items including my complete 550/NAZA/GPS from Jeff at RCHELICANADA. What an absolutely fantastic dealer!!! I have send him messages at all hours, 7 days a week, and always got an answer within 15 minutes with precise info and excellent prices. The delivery is always 3 days to my mailbox, truly an amazing person. I have the highest respect for this guy and I can certainly understand why he is so appreciated by many....

Was wondering what kind of range are you getting with your Futaba? Are you using EZUHF or, like me , transmitting on 2,4 Ghz?

Davidhippo

I'll second that thank you to roger, I've been thinking of buying the DJI 5.8 ghz tx/Rex, great to get some impartial, detailed info.

Cheers!

Bugilt

Make sure your equipment matches frequencies.

CH1-5705MHZ, CH2-5685MHZ, CH3-5665MHZ, CH4-5645MHZ, CH5-5885MHZ, CH6-5905MHZ, CH7-5925MHZ, and CH8-5945MHZ.