dji 450 naza m lite crash help!

dbeck0503

I had a crash the other day and i was just wondering if anyone can help me figure out why so it doesnt happen again. I was flying fpv so I couldnt see the quad but I was flying along and everything was fine. Then the quad seemed like it was tilting back so I was looking at the sky with the fpv. I was pushing full forward on the stick and it was almost level but still pitching up and the quad was moving backwards. Before I knew it I was on the ground. What could of caused this? The compas being out of wack? Or maybe if it fell off the post it was mounted to? That is all I can thing of. I was flying in GPS mode. Should I fly in a different mode maybe? Calibrate the compass more often?

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Did you find it? Was the compass still in place? Was anything else broken?

I don't see any need to use GPS mode unless you want to "park" your quad in the sky for photographic work or if you find it difficult to compensate for wind drift. Attitude mode is probably better for joyriding.

dbeck0503

Yes I found it, the gps was not on the mount. It didnt break but it wasnt on the mount... the quad was sitting upside down when I got to it though. It just broke an arm and a prop.