dji 450 motors surge

cabojay

Hi, I have a dji 450 i am flying haven't had a problem till yesterday, I plugged in the battery and start to fly and the motors started to surge. It would jump up about 2 feet. never had any problem before. I tried 3 different batteries. not sure whats going on.I have the naza v2 no upgrade to new firmware yet. Also have gps any ideas? Thanks Jay

cabojay

It was a little windy but nothing crazy and it was at dusk? Never had it happen before. I am going to get it on the computer tomorrow and see. Thanks Jay

RobertsUp

It's possible the Naza is flickering from gps mode to manual mode without your knowledge. That would cause a motor power surge. I've examined my craft's performance in Assistant and some things changed without me making them. for instance I matched up the DX8 and got all the boxes to turn blue. But later one of the switches failed to be in calibration and I had to go in and adjust the subtrim to make everything work again okay in the Assistant. It's still a mystery what caused the tx and rc match to drift and change what was originally set and declared done.

PS, I'm speculating now but I think you need to flash your fc with the new firmware. Something's mixed up. Something in your setup changed since the craft flew well before. My experience taught me that TX and FC matching settings can drift. Assistant might show you that the blue highlight between gps and manual modes is flickering. I don't know. That's just a suggestion coming from thinking about your problem. It can't be a faulty solder joint or connector point because that couldn't create a motor surge and would just cause a crash.

I'm eagerly waiting to find out what is causing the problem.

Hi, I have a dji 450 i am flying haven't had a problem till yesterday, I plugged in the battery and start to fly and the motors started to surge. It would jump up about 2 feet. never had any problem before. I tried 3 different batteries. not sure whats going on.I have the naza v2 no upgrade to new firmware yet. Also have gps any ideas? Thanks Jay

Last edited by a moderator: