Dji 450 clone which size battery to by

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
No way to know without knowing what equipment you have used on your quad but I highly recommend using 4S and starting with maybe 2700-3000maH packs.

What motors?
What props?
What ESC's
What AUW?
What FCU?
What FPV gear?

Cheers

Pete

Hi im using 1000kv motors,8x4.5 inch props,30a esc,
Don't know what AUW or FCU means.And at a later date it will have a gopro 3 with gimbal with a fatshark.

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Orange....

For MY initial build I will be doing the F450 (DJI frame but sourcing my OWN parts).....

I am NOT electing to go to the 5000 mAh batts for now. Several people have indicated that a 3S 4000 mAh will work splendidly with the Gopro FPV on the 450. There seems to be a weight/power curve that meet near that point.

You might just find that sweet spot with these batts.....

Mike :)

Thanks mike.Does anybody know where I can get some good priced spare props 8" x 4.5" as I just received some from rctimer and the hole is 2 big and there are no inserts for them.Looking on my order it say for DJI phantom which I thought would fit.The hole is 8mm tapering down to 6mm.

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Thanks mike.Does anybody know where I can get some good priced spare props 8" x 4.5" as I just received some from rctimer and the hole is 2 big and there are no inserts for them.Looking on my order it say for DJI phantom which I thought would fit.The hole is 8mm tapering down to 6mm.

It depends on your price and what you consider 'good'......I have had good success with HQprops and as far as balancing goes they are pretty much spot on when I balanced all of them.

If you are looking for 8"x4.5....Feng offered FREE 4 pairs of them just a week ago....just pay for shipping. Mine are on the way and will be testing them soon!

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?16168-HQProp-8045&highlight=HQprop

Mike :)