Difference between 8" and 10" DJI props

SDB777

I have the 10x3.8DJI's. The quad didn't arrive here with the 8" props, so I thought I'd ask....

What is the difference?
{I'm guessing lift capabilities}, but is that it?

Are carbon props really that much better(same size/pitch) compared to the original type?
{other then being able to cut stuff}

Also, best place to buy props(quality and cost)?

Scott (eggs and bacon would have been nice) B

Rotorfreek

As a rule of thumb the smaller the props the faster RPM they need, and therefore the higher kV motors they suit. I'll list the pros/cons:

Larger props can make more lift, but require more torque from the motor to turn.

Larger props have more inertia, so take more time to speed up or slow down. That means they are more suited to cruising than sport flights.

An average 450 size quad would normally have +- 900 kV motors. These can handle up to a 10" prop comfortably, and can go down to an 8" too. Used with 8" motors it will be quite agile, but at a loss of payload and normally efficiency/flight time. 10" are more efficient and give more lift, but react slower.

Each size of motor have a range of prop they can take, and that range will suit different flight styles. Try and find what you like, but remember larger props normally need bigger gain settings to keep stability the same as smaller props with lower gains.