Did Droidworx banned Plettenberg?

I noticed Droidworx changed the specification chart and Plettenberg motors are deleted from Skyjib's recomended motors. Anyone know about the reason?

CineRebel

I just received an email from Linda stating the following:

"Regarding the Orbits;- aparently the problem is that they have peak`s over 40A. Also when the motor use only 10-15 A you have peaks over 40A, and you shut down the BL controller. This is the info one of our customers sent us... So you might be alright with your BLC's - we have some additional info on speed controllers on our website: http://www.droidworx.co.nz/recommended.html"

I think the problem is more with the Aerodrive, BL Controller or HK boards than the Plettenberg 15-20... we have been using them with DJI and HW platinum 40A and 14x5 XOARS (60A burst for 10 sec.) and so far we had fantastic results! After a 14 min flight with a canon 550D (total weight of 9 kg) The motors did not felt even warm the only thing that was hot were the controllers so next time I will be using CC 75A controller just to be on the safe side. having a data log option on Castles creation ESC will let us monitor the current draw from each motor after a flight which is very handy I think .

I will keep you posted on the results with the CC controllers.

Cheers

Munch

Well, the Plettenberg were advertised as "designed for the MK-Bl-Ctrl 2.0", and 15x4 props at 5s were recommended as an optimum combination. Now they advice not to use bigger props than 13", they suggest to stick to 4s, etc.
Since nobody admits that there is a problem, and recommendations change from week to week, be carefull when you choose to go with Plettenberg and MK or Aerodrive.

CineRebel

well I can remember that when I called plettenberg 6 or 7 months ago they told me that using 14 and 15 inch props with 5s lipos is advisable! I think 14 inch xoars are much ligher than apc's so it should be fine but 15 inch prop's I don't see the point of using them .. I get enough trust with 14 to lift a red epic for at least 10 minutes ,,, why take the risk ? DJI seems to work much better than MK at this time..

offtopic @Cinerebel, noticed you use DJI on heavy lifter (for EPIC). I also use DJI with Herkules on my heavy-lifter. I want to upgrade to higher Amps ESCs and since Aerodrive is not compatible yet with DJI and i heard that makes a lot of troubles, i don't know what ESC to use. So wondering what ESCs you have on your rig.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Mihnea you have several choices either the standard Hobbywing 60A plus ESC or Turnigy Plush etc. probably all the same anyways. But the question is if you want to use those kind of ESCs on a expensive setup. Andreas will probably announce the new Herkules 4 in two months or you can go with Castle Creations ESCs. Qualtiy wise very good ESCs and their new 4.01 firmware seems to work very good with multi rotors.

But i don't want to put the standard Chinesse ESCs down i had several working for half a year on one setup with no problems and then i had others bursting after a week etc.

Boris