Did away with the props on the E300

38super

Hi all
I finally got fed up with the props that come with the E300. I installed 10" Graupners that I had on my old system . I'm just about to give it a second try to see if I get better or less flight time. I just had a very uneasy feeling about those props from day one . In the wind they sounded like they were straining to stay up always making compensating sounds
as each prop seemed to fight the others. I don't get that with the Graupners. I still have a problem with the F550 moving backward when I turn a 180 at some speed just keeps going tail first. or left or right after a stop. Old system would just stop where it was and did not move . I had this problem in my QAV400 big time to the point you could not fly it .I sent it back to builders and rebuilt it after that it worked like a champ My guess is a bad esc. I did give new props a try with half batt and must say they feel good in the air. I thought it would come down with a wobble but does not... comes down nice and smooth. More after I give it a better test

38super

Hi All
Did a flight time ck with Graupners. The same time as with the props that came with the E300 ...No difference....Problem still there . When hovering up at about 100 feet I hear what sounds like one or two motors speeding up....it makes no change in performance . Can't see anything happening looks fine just a sound of motor revving faster then another

Tahoe Ed

The E300 and the E600 are tuned propulsion systems with all components designed to work together. Make sure that you are not using the E300 in an application beyond the specs of the system. Also note that there is a new set of props coming out the 9450 vs the current 9443. They are stiffer and designed for heavy applications and high altitude, meaning AMSL, flight. You may want to try them. Flight times are not quite as long but you get more pop on the throttle stick and the descents are very controlled.

38super

Thanks I am aware of that I don't see any harm using them at this time .The Graupners seem to be running cooler on the motors then the E300 props did. They seem to preform very well and still getting same flight time . For what ever reason motors got rather warm with stock props. Performance is great. I think the decent is smoother then with the originals.I . My machine is somewhat heavy. I just did not trust those props . I compared the one's that were on the 550 to brand new spare"s I had and I noticed E300s were getting white near the hub. Just had a bad feeling
Graupners just sound better in the air. We will see.