Mikrokopter Detailed MK FC 2.5 Setup Needed

Vortex

I've been buzzing around for over a year now with almost factory FC/GPS settings and thought it was how it was......Well, that was until I started flying an Inspire 1 around and it simply eats the MK FC for stability and position holding. I'm sure with the right settings that it can be fixed but I simply don't know where to start and what to do.......

I find the MK manuals difficult to follow as there is no real "Work Flow" to follow for setting it up to get the best out of it. I'm sure there are some of you out there who have got it right but for the majority of the time when I started making changes it always seemed to go worse and never really followed a clear path to improving from where I had started from so I set it back to the defaults and just left it there.

Does anyone have a work flow for setting the FC up or know of a link as it's time I got it sorted??

Thanks.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
what are the details of the helicopter?

what % of throttle is the heli hovering at? ideally you should be in the 60-65% range

i haven't been in the details of MKtool in a while but i think there are modes other than beginner that you can select, i think they might even be pre-configured although i've never had to use anything but beginner on a variety of helicopters and the flight performance has always been excellent.

also, you should try putting the GPS Gain on a slider or dial and then adjusting it for wind conditions. it only takes a very small amount of adjustment but i can get an MK to hold a steady position in just about any conditions. also, there's a little bit of "flying" that you have to do when in PH in order to stabilize the heli in PH but if you have the gain adjustment you'll find in most cases you can settle down the helicopter by making small gain changes.

Vortex

Thanks Bartman I found a good description on another forum which goes into a lot of fine detail in Engrish too :)