Decent screws!

Hi guys,
I'm doing a custom build quad, and have been ordering some part from China...and come to regret it. One area in particular...the screws! Where do they get them from??? They are utter rubbish - they seem to use a 2.65245mm hex head, which even when you can get an allen key that fits, will immediately round it off under the slightest resistance. I think they're made from cheese...
Anyway, so I'm wondering where the rest of you custom builders get your screws etc? I'm looking for good ones. No, actually I'll correct that - I'm looking for the *best*. End of.
In particular I need:
- 16 x M2.5x37mm
- 42 x M3x6mm
- 42 x M3 bolts
- 16 x M2.5 bolts
- hex heads that work with metric allen keys!
Happy to buy in bulk or wholesale, but just need a supplier...got any suggestions?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I buy in bulk from here... http://rtlfasteners.com/ don't know if they ship international or if it would even be worth the cost of shipping and customs to order nuts and bolts from the US.

I can say everything I've ever ordered from them has been of the highest quality, I've yet to have the hex round out in the head of one unlike 90% of the Chinese fasteners that I now automatically throw away and replace.

Ken

stauntonflyer

Psychopath Labratories
I have had this same problem. I ordered big bags of M3 and M2.5 from fastenal (http://www.fastenal.com/web/home) if you have a local store you can actually take the screw in that you want and they will look it up and get it shipped in. They usually have some M3 in stock and have to order 2.5.

I built a DJI quad that used the M2.5 that had the shoulder for centering (that little collar above the threads with no threads that fits tight in the board) then ordered a Tarot frame from china that had the same screws. The tarot had the same problem you mention, the screws were crap and I could never get them tight without stripping them, then they are hell to get out. I replaced as many as I could with left over DJI ones I had around then ordered M2.5 with no shoulder from fastenal to replace the rest. I just saw the DJI screws on ebay if you happen to be using the same..... I'll go look for a link.
Hi guys,
I'm doing a custom build quad, and have been ordering some part from China...and come to regret it. One area in particular...the screws! Where do they get them from??? They are utter rubbish - they seem to use a 2.65245mm hex head, which even when you can get an allen key that fits, will immediately round it off under the slightest resistance. I think they're made from cheese...
Anyway, so I'm wondering where the rest of you custom builders get your screws etc? I'm looking for good ones. No, actually I'll correct that - I'm looking for the *best*. End of.
In particular I need:
- 16 x M2.5x37mm
- 42 x M3x6mm
- 42 x M3 bolts
- 16 x M2.5 bolts
- hex heads that work with metric allen keys!
Happy to buy in bulk or wholesale, but just need a supplier...got any suggestions?