DC Power unit for the HiTEC x4 80

Ryan Wilson

I recently ordered the HiTec x4 80 and would like to be able to charge my batteries at home before heading to the field. So yesterday I ordered the HobbyKing 540watt 120volt, 13.8-18volt, 30amp power supply unit. My question is, will this work ok? Is there anything I should be aware of before using? And help or advise would be greatly appreciated!
Also, when charging batteries at the field using my car battery, do I have to leave the vehicle running during the whole charge time? Sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm simply not finding info on this subject and I'm a little baffled. It seems strange to me to have to pop my hood and charge batteries from my trucks battery and standing around for an hour or however long it takes instead of charging them at home before heading to the field. I'm sure I'm missing something. Also on the forums and youtube, I don't find much info on DC power units, recommendations, reviews etc..
Thanks in advance for your help or direction to some info I missed.

Ryan

Ryan Wilson

Much of what I find is using a PC power supply unit? Why aren't these commonly sold along side the battery chargers?