DataLink single Waypoint Click and Go

Visvid

London Newbie
As a newbie to the forum I have had a long and expensive learning curve. my problems with my Xaircraft and Wkm have been written about on here and I have been asked by several members to name and shame my original supplier, something I need to think about but at the moment I want to hold fire for 'legal reasons' anyway Mr Geoff at Quadcopters.co.uk sorted out my mess an I now have a model that flies as it should, without going into detail there were many issues. Anyway today I entered my serial number for my purchase of the Single Waypoint system which I purchased from Geoff, (DJI not quick in supplying this) and did a couple of simulations which in the 'unreal world' worked very well. Having seen the system in action and reading the manual many times I took the setup to a local field and tested it ... once the sats were located on the wkm I selected click and go and entered the altitude.. Quite simply the whole thing performed superbly, entering the next waypoint once the first is reached the system does it all all, admittedly all a bit scary from a laptop but non the less very impressive. One thing that I do need to understand is the actual altitude level, although my tests were very successful my measurements may be out slightly.

Wishing to push this thing to its limits with the datalink enabled I unplugged the Receiver .. the model returned to its start point, hoverered and then landed, we measured the distance from our marked take of point and it was 6ft 2inches, that is impressive.

Biggest problem for me is I now want to upgrade to 5 waypoint and get the S800, need the overtime $$$

Zen Mitt

Visvid, I would not say it’s a legal issue to say that you were unhappy with the service you received from a shop, in fact I would say that it’s a good thing to say who you bought it from, I have bought from a number of sources around the globe and have made no secret of who I shop with and who I have both negative and positive experiences with their service... The only reason to withhold information like this is if you are looking to take the dealer to court and you post could harm your case. Look at Hobby King, there was not a forum I belong too that did not have a warning about their customer service at some point along the way, thankful they have improved their customer service and I shop there when I don't need parts in a rush now as I'm happy that they have made an effort. Like you I had an issue with a dealer who was not UK based, I did not get the support and they stopped trading with DJI while I was trying to sort out the issue, so I hooked up with my local dealer (build your own drone.co.uk) and they took care of my issues very quickly and without any fuss, so now I would recommend their services without hesitation! I would also say shop local!
Oh and as for as naming and shaming, it is not a shaming at all, they stopped dealing with DJI so they could not support me, the shop is Altigator, who I also would recommend shopping with…. Not just DJI products anymore!

The s800, now that is a craft, I also want one, however I have no use for one really, but this is not stopping me wanting one! I have seen one in use and I could not think about not owning it from that point forward, I think I will have to ask the bank manager very, very kindly if she would mind signing off on one some day soon :)

Tahoe Ed

Visvid, I would not say it’s a legal issue to say that you were unhappy with the service you received from a shop, in fact I would say that it’s a good thing to say who you bought it from, I have bought from a number of sources around the globe and have made no secret of who I shop with and who I have both negative and positive experiences with their service... The only reason to withhold information like this is if you are looking to take the dealer to court and you post could harm your case. Look at Hobby King, there was not a forum I belong too that did not have a warning about their customer service at some point along the way, thankful they have improved their customer service and I shop there when I don't need parts in a rush now as I'm happy that they have made an effort. Like you I had an issue with a dealer who was not UK based, I did not get the support and they stopped trading with DJI while I was trying to sort out the issue, so I hooked up with my local dealer (build your own drone.co.uk) and they took care of my issues very quickly and without any fuss, so now I would recommend their services without hesitation! I would also say shop local!
Oh and as for as naming and shaming, it is not a shaming at all, they stopped dealing with DJI so they could not support me, the shop is Altigator, who I also would recommend shopping with…. Not just DJI products anymore!

The s800, now that is a craft, I also want one, however I have no use for one really, but this is not stopping me wanting one! I have seen one in use and I could not think about not owning it from that point forward, I think I will have to ask the bank manager very, very kindly if she would mind signing off on one some day soon :)

What you want is not the S800 but the Z15 gimbal. The S800 is only the carrier of the real product which is the Gimbal. I could fly a lot of platforms with the WKM but the S800 is a perfect mount for the Z15. I was fortunate to get one and it is now set up. I can't wait to fly it this weekend. I have a pilot lined up and I am going to fly the camera.