Dampening in Frame - Droidworx Build

mbsteed

aerial video centric
For those folks familiar with a Droidworx build (others doing a build may be interested in this as well):

I was wondering about putting thin pieces of sorbothane between the boom mounts and the base plates. Would this be a good idea? Are there other strategies that would reduce the vibrations in the frame construction? I want vibration free video so I thought it would be useful to try and address that in the frame itself even before attempting to do this at the camera gimbal level. I have read where you need at least two levels of dampening for it to be effective. This might also provide dampening for the flight controller. I note on the cinestar frames those appear to have vibration dampening inside the frame - could I replicate something like that in the droidworx frame?

Thoughts? Has anyone tried something similar to this?

DennyR

Actually what you are contemplating is not a good idea. You need to have totally instant response from the motors without any flex in the arms. Proper balance and the right choice of props will stop the vibration at source. reduce prop. overhang etc. etc. Dampening of the FC board is another story.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@mbsteed.. Nay dont try re invent the DW wheel. Its a quality frame and if you build her right and take care of the boring stuff its a great set up you have.

number one are props two motors and follow the manufacturers instructions..

IF when you have built the MR U are having problems then maybe take a look at what is causing vibrations. I have three MRS.. I have NO vibration issues with any of them.. there again it really depends on the eye that will be looking at video footage if its that which you are building your MR for.. being realistic unless you have clients queueing up for your services build her as per spec and see what she can deliver befor trying to reinvent the wheel..

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: