CY Stingray 500 Owners' Thread

Thanks for starting the thread Bartman!
Hope to build one over the XMas break now that I have sold all my DJI stuff :nevreness:

Last edited by a moderator:

That is an excellent video and he has more videos on just one product then most Chinese mfg's have on their entire line.
Anyone notice how shaky he is on the throttle? I have early Parkinson's disease but it doesn't affect my flying so I was wondering if that's the case, maybe camera nerves which he shouldn't have or was that intended?

Being a retired GM EE I don't mind the Stingray name or car shape but I hope there are a bunch of aftermarket clear canopies to hit the marked custom air brushed by those that do it best.
Canopies designed for FPV with built in camera cavities... maybe even sections for the TX and antenna :nevreness:

DennyR

I think where this design is so brilliant is in the way it has autorotation and so many tried and tested features that came from SR helis.
I love his Tx. It makes total sense to have the rudder ail. and ele. on the same stick. I remember when he first started winning world championships many years ago, and used a cuddle box. Shame they don't make em now. I think I will get one and start flying it with that TX arrangement.

His father is more than capable of making a state of the art FC controller, he made the first heli sim. just for his son to practice with.

DennyR

That is an excellent video and he has more videos on just one product then most Chinese mfg's have on their entire line.
Anyone notice how shaky he is on the throttle? I have early Parkinson's disease but it doesn't affect my flying so I was wondering if that's the case, maybe camera nerves which he shouldn't have or was that intended?

Being a retired GM EE I don't mind the Stingray name or car shape but I hope there are a bunch of aftermarket clear canopies to hit the marked custom air brushed by those that do it best.
Canopies designed for FPV with built in camera cavities... maybe even sections for the TX and antenna :nevreness:
I don't think he was nervous, cold maybe, but that throttle is in 3D mode so he is constantly moving from neg. to pos. pitch, the fixed power is set on idle-up switch usually after take off..

Electronic failures can be totally unpredictable but mechanical ones should never happen with proper prep.

I believe you are confusing "hand shake" with incredible flying ability and rotor control.
Either that or the Parkinson's makes him an absolutely amazing flyer.

I believe you are confusing "hand shake" with incredible flying ability and rotor control.
Either that or the Parkinson's makes him an absolutely amazing flyer.

I have an ongoing e-mail dialog going with Curtis. I will see if he is willing to share this. I noticed even when he removed his hands to show how well it hovers, his left hand was still shaking. I have Parkinson's but it doesn't bother or (help) me when controlling a TX :apologetic:

UPDATE: Curtis replied to the left hand shaking question I asked him. Since I consider our e-mails personal I will not cut and paste word for word but Curtis says it always shakes like that when flying. He even said in his FAI helicopter flying he has to setup his Heli to account for it.
10 minutes after he lands he says his hand is "steady as a rock". He closed in saying "All part of the flying rush!"

Now I am even more impressed!

Jason's Stingray Maiden Flight

A very cool Maiden Flight...can you tell how excited we are!!!!!

Crackers

I was told that the ARF now only comes with the Scorpion motor. So today I ordered one with that motor. Is there much of a difference between the stock motor and the Scorpion motor? Thanks.