Aeronavics / Droidworx CX 4 and Photohigher 2 axis gimbal balance problems

cinefly

Hi there.
i have a CX 4 with Photohigher 2 axis camera gimbal and wondered how people were dealing with the fact that it makes the machine very front heavy. I fly with DJI Naza and it struggles to cope the the extreme COG even thought settings are adjusted accordingly in the Naza. I use 5000map 4S battery mounted underneath the legs.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
thanks
Katya

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
View attachment 9035

I didn't understand the DW approach from beginning so I mounted it leggy wise to the back on an additional plate. Lipo is not on but you can see the Velcro and the plate !

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358605686.315928.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358605686.315928.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 255

I also mount my battery behind the legs. I didn't like the idea of moving it at first, but actually it kind of looks better in a way, and of course perfect COG is king in the aero world! All I did was to add a velcro tab to the polycarb underbelly (to stop battery from sliding), then i 'dremelled' two slots in each end of a piece of carbon rod (c.8mm dia) then slid the tight fitting rod over (and between) the rear carbon frame members, finally looping the battery velcro strap up & over the bar, back round the battery. All is rock solid, perfectly balanced. Cheap chearful and effective (and no glue or bolts)! :nevreness:
Andy

Edit: I should mention that my original legs have been shortened to the second bolt hole due to an infuriating (but my fault) forced landing (flat lipo). Well, I was having fun!!!
N.B With the battery where it is now, it's higher, so greater ground clearance, and maybe just me, but I kind of prefer the shortened legs, makes it look more solid, more of a 'war bird'!

Last edited by a moderator: