Discussion Creating rotorless drone

Aleksandar

As you can see from post name I want to know can you build a drone that doesn't have a rotor. I am not a drone expert nor physics expert nor any expert that has to do something with building drones so my question my seem like a stupid to someone. What i want to know is can a drone run just on air. For example lets say that you have a board and on all four sides you have an air sucker then that air goes through some air turbines and comes out beneath the board. Would that concept make that board lift?

Jason S

this could work if the power on the fan or air sucker has enough lift to overcome the weight of the board/battery you have

As you can see from post name I want to know can you build a drone that doesn't have a rotor. I am not a drone expert nor physics expert nor any expert that has to do something with building drones so my question my seem like a stupid to someone. What i want to know is can a drone run just on air. For example lets say that you have a board and on all four sides you have an air sucker then that air goes through some air turbines and comes out beneath the board. Would that concept make that board lift?

It will work but you must built it with light things/materials also. You will be having a hard time on calculations

Aleksandar

Alluminum would be mainly used and I think plastic will be one main part for thoese air suckers. I am planning firstly to draw a sketch on how would it look and than I will try to find some physics experts to help me with calcualtion.

Alluminum would be mainly used and I think plastic will be one main part for thoese air suckers. I am planning firstly to draw a sketch on how would it look and than I will try to find some physics experts to help me with calcualtion.

Yes indeed plastic is not too heavy but this will need an exact computations