Creating FAQ for Cinematographers

trec-r

I am working on a FAQ of sorts for Cinematographers and would like some help with this. The reason I started this was because a cinematographer forum I am apart was and is having a lot of debate about RC aircraft used in making films. Much of the debate is one sided and based on misinformation. As I could not keep up by replying to individual posts I started to write this brief as a personal response. I see know that this needs to made available elsewhere and edited as needed. Right now I have this in a Google Doc. If you would like to help please let me know.

Richie

trec-r

I need to find out what big names are using multi-rotors in major productions. Link to sources are very important. Also need links to companies providing insurance in the USA. I have heard of a few but could only find a website for one.

Thanks
Richie

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportRisk.com is my insurer. I know for a fact ESPN/ABC/DIsney will not approve r/c platforms of any kind for their live shows until .. And I quote "The FAA says we can". Feature work possibly but as they are probably pulling out of NASCAR a year early they aren't spending any money any more in racing. That's my bread and butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

trec-r

TransportRisk.com is my insurer. I know for a fact ESPN/ABC/DIsney will not approve r/c platforms of any kind for their live shows until .. And I quote "The FAA says we can".

Thanks for the info. It's funny but there are some indications that Disney has purchased high end multi-rotor camera platforms. I wonder if they are just using them outside the USA?

I think the only distinction would be that if they own it they don't have/need to hire someone to come in and do the job. They may be avoiding the commercial side of the law by becoming owner operators.