Crash = Z15-5D Gimbal Glitch

teecee

So the A2 took down my Carboncore Hex a month or so ago with Z15-5D and Canon 5D MKIII onboard. Major bummer! Miraculously it "appeared" that the gimbal was not damaged, bent or broken in any way apart from a pinched black ribbon cable that I reclaced. I have since replaced the camera and now have the old gimbal on the new S1000. I had to tweak the balance a tiny bit to get it to hang weightlessly as the main horizontal pivot had twisted upwards on impact (not bent but twisted where it is supposed to adjust). Today I plugged it all in and turned S1000 and Z15-5D on. I even had gimbal TX/RX in, communicating and programmed correctly. Unfortunately all the gimbal does is spaz around, ofter going into a crazy spin at full speed. The brushless motors get hot and make weird noises too. I assume this thing has to go back to DJI or is quite possibly completely toast but I just had to ask if anyone has any suggestions. It is frustrating that it appears perfect in every way and doesn't work at all. I realize these are very delicate devices but perhaps someone out there knows a "reset" trick or two. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Yeah, you need to send it back to DJI for servicing. The internal optical sensors have probably been knocked out of alignment and only DJI can recalibrate them.

Cool?

Quinton

Great. That is what I will do then.

Thanks!

Mine actually started spinning wildly when it was new.

I still do not know what the problem was, it was working fine one day the next I turned it on and it started to do as in the video at 20 secs.
I took out the cables, put them back in again and it started working correctly again.

What do you mean the A2 took down your MR?

Last edited by a moderator:

fdproductions

FD Productions
He means his flight controller was the cause of his aircraft falling (same reason why my s1000 fell out of the sky at 23 meter per second.