Copter for still photography only

schwett

good luck Denis!

I use the nikkor 20/1.8, which is pretty light for a fast wide angle. happy with image quality so far except when the copter is vibrating too much!

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
I use the nikkor 20/1.8, which is pretty light for a fast wide angle. happy with image quality so far except when the copter is vibrating too much!
It's pretty fast for a wide angle too. I use the Nikkor 28/1,8 and love it.

haha49

You can use a gopro for stills.

Just set it on timeleaspe mode turn osd on on the screen it counts down and tells you how many more seconds before the next picture. It's really the cheapest camera to film and get photos from. You could film in video then take still images from the video it tends to be good enough for most things it all depends on how high of a quality photo you want.

haha49

If you want a cheap setup. You can simply take a gopro set it on timelaspe instead of video mode send it up and every 5, 10, 30 it takes a picture. It's the cheapest easyiest way to get a camera in the air to take pictures or video. Now if you shoot in 4k video it gives ok quality pictures from a snapshot of the video so you miss none of the action if something is below. The nice part is you just line it up get the shot and done. The go pro is limiting in some ways but bang for the buck it's the cheapest option

For some odd reason it made it a double post.

fmkit

I just started to use 1-axis setup w/light camera ($80 ebay TX66), while fpv-ing 15-17minutes flight time feels weird I was getting at most 12minutes with heavier CX series camcorders on 2 axis BG.

Attachments

• home66_1.jpg
    home66_1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 159