Considering a larger multicopter for video/photography

rcmike

Hello everyone,

I have been into RC helicopters for many years and last year got interested in multicopters. I eventually ended up with an F550 with an aeroxcraft gopro gimbal using a Wookong for flight control. It has been very dependable and I have gotten pretty good at flying smoothly and making decent videos with what I have.
I had someone who does wedding videos, events, etc. check out my hexa yesterday and was really impressed with it. He asked me if I might be interested in flying some for them possibly. He also asked me about something that could carry a larger camera. I have always wanted a larger multi but couldn't justify the cost for what I would use it for. I went to IRCHA a few weeks ago and was really impressed with the DJI S800 and Zenmuse gimble. Is the Zenmuse really worth the price? I am also aware it is pretty limited to what cameras you can use with it. Would buying the S800 and fitting another gimbal work just as well? If so, which one would you recommend? Price is definitely a consideration especially since this could turn into nothing. I am really just starting my research so I am very open to suggestions.

PaNt

its not the S800 but the Z15 gimbal..! So it will be silly to buy the S800 and put another Gimbal..!:)

The best Gimbal out there now is the Z15..!

rcmike

Lol, yeah, I agree the gimbal is very impressive. I was just curious of it lived up to the hype and was worth the price.

PaNt

Lol, yeah, I agree the gimbal is very impressive. I was just curious of it lived up to the hype and was worth the price.

If the Nex and GH2 is the cams you want to use then yes..! If you want to use other bigger cams then NO..! You can buy the CS gimbal with Cs Stabilization! ..!

rcmike

Well, I just learned some other details that change the game quite a bit. I got an email from him and one of the guys he talked to said that the simple rig I have now with a GoPro would be fine for him. The other one is more of a professional video director and would really love something to lift his hefty 8lb. feature film camera with! What would be capable of lifting that? He said if that wasn't possible maybe they would settle for a DSLR or so.

kloner

Aerial DP
John is in Arizona, Mike shows being from Tennesee. That's an easy couple thousand miles apart

rcmike

Lol, yeah I got exited because I have checked out that website several times but never noticed where he was located. I thought maybe I could stop by and check out what he had but then I noticed he was in AZ. :D I noticed my town is censored. It is D i c k son, TN

I'm really not sure if I will go with a larger one or not, especially since I don't know how this is all going to work out. I'm going to find out more details first.

Last edited by a moderator: