Confused on S-Bus and Naza-M V2 and using additional channels.

cfrea

First here is my setup I am having built:

DJI F550
Zenmuse H3-2D (also utilize tilt)
Naza-M V2
iOSD Mini
DJI 5.8GHZ
Futaba T8FG w/ supplied receiver.

I know traditionally you would just connect the outputs from the receiver into the Naza-M, and use 7 channels, leaving an 8th channel free. My intention is to use that 8th channel for a retractable landing gear that I found from a seller in the UK.

If I went with the newer S-Bus method, I know only one connection goes from the S-Bus port on the receiver directly into the Naza-M. In this scenario, would I still be able to use one of the additional opened outputs from the receiver to control the landing gear's up/down channel or once the S-Bus port on the receiver is utilized, the rest of the outputs on the receiver will not work?

Bear in mind, if using S-Bus, and the landing gear channel on the receiver I still want all functionality to work such as tilt on zenmuse, Atti, GPS etc., return to home, and IOC.

I have seen mixed answers regarding if this will work. The builder said it won't, but some of the research I did says it will and some says it wont.

Any input? Thanks!

I only have Naza 1 but if I understand it correctly every channel on the receiver is still active even though you have S-Bus connected. So if you give throttle on CH3 S-Bus / D-Bus that info is passed to the flight controller (Naza) through the single S-Bus connection cable but in parallel that instruction is also passed to the normal CH3 connection on your receiver.
If your not using CH8 with Naza you can directly connect your retractable landing gear servo to CH8 on your receiver.
Regards - bruce