Completing Hex Build - Connecting Naza/Futaba

Jay_Z

Finishing up my hexacopter build - time to wire up the Futaba 10J radio, R3008SB Rx & Naza M V2!

I've been scouring the forums, YouTube, Google, etc for the info I need on this ... and the manual, and I'm not finding the info I need (or, that I understand!)! First of all, if you have any recommendations for online resources, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Otherwise, here is where I am at on this, if you can provide any assistance directly related to the 10J/R3008SB and Naza Flight Controller.

My 6 ESCs are connected to the M1-M6 connections on the Naza. And, I believe that is the only connections for this end of the PMU.

On the other end, I have… A, E, T, R, U, X1, X2, X3

I’m looking to provide the basic/essential channel/functions (roll, pitch, throttle, rudder, etc) - I also need the mode (GPS, ATTI, MAN), Fail Safe, Gimbal tilt (VR), Camera Shutter Release & Retractable Landing Gear - I should have 10 channels total (right?).

Choices are - use S.BUS or 2 receivers, right? If I use S.BUS, do I simply connect 1 servo cable to from the 8/SB on the R3008SB to the X2 connection on the Naza PMU? If so, how do I connect/access the additional functions - gimbal tilt, camera shutter and retractable gear - does it matter which ch/position on the Rx? Would I have any other connections to the PMU besides the S.Bus connection?

Since I'm at 10ch, it seems the 10J will work for me - without stepping to the 14SG.

Any assistance would be SO greatly appreciated!! Hopefully this makes sense! I think I'm close!

Alwil

Jay- You will find you will use up the channels pretty fast- 1 for s.bus, 6 for naza and that leaves
1 open. You will probably need two receivers one in mode B and the second in mode D to do anything
else. I have one hex set up with one receiver and only using tilt for the gimbal. (Futaba 8J)
I have a second set up using 2 receivers so I can have 14 channels (Futaba 14SG)
Maybe someone knows a better way- I'm watching!

ProfEngr

Ah, so similar if I was using a Taranis then? First set of channels on RX(a) then the bulk of the extra TX switches on RX(b)?

Alwil

ProfEngr- I am sorry but I am not familiar with Taranis, but the price tag on Futaba
gear may make me change. I read a lot of good comments on the Taranis.

Jay_Z

Jay- You will find you will use up the channels pretty fast- 1 for s.bus, 6 for naza and that leaves
1 open. You will probably need two receivers one in mode B and the second in mode D to do anything
else. I have one hex set up with one receiver and only using tilt for the gimbal. (Futaba 8J)
I have a second set up using 2 receivers so I can have 14 channels (Futaba 14SG)
Maybe someone knows a better way- I'm watching!

Thanks! Ya, I was thinking 10ch was cutting it close! I'll consider another receiver. The Futaba seem to be great but they aren't necessarily the most user friendly.