Complete Newb, question about drift

WhiteBelt

Hey all so I have about 7 minutes on the quad copter I just bought, that is my total piloting skills. So I tried flying my copter and I have a question for the experts. I have a Hubsan X4 H107D FPV model. If I move the throttle up should the copter be perfectly stable with no drift at all in a hover? Or will there be an inherent amount of drift?

With being such a newb I'm not sure if I should be adjusting the controls and to be honest I'm not sure how I should be adjusting them.

Any advice for this newbie is much appreciated.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
With zero wind it should stay in place. Not all controllers allow you to trim with you transmitter. Assuming your flight controller is totally level it should hover pretty level. It may very slightly stuff without GPS so that's normal. But it should take a while for it to slide from its original position.

WhiteBelt

With zero wind it should stay in place. Not all controllers allow you to trim with you transmitter. Assuming your flight controller is totally level it should hover pretty level. It may very slightly stuff without GPS so that's normal. But it should take a while for it to slide from its original position.

cool, thanks. Any advice for a rookie?

jbrumberg

Whitebelt- welcome. Three words- practice, practice, practice. I do and I will continue doing so. I crash much less now, but I still crash. Now I just crash better.

jbrumberg

There are flight simulators as well. They really help with orientation and Tx stick training. My cheapo simulator does not even offer a quad (or did not when I bought it a year ago). I was "training" for a CP heli. Quads actually are a good training tool for CP heli's as well. It turns out the mcpx heli which is a common model found on many simulators flies very similarly to a quad if one does not try to do the 3D stuff. And it can be quite entertaining to creatively crash and not worry about breaking the bank. I may never get back to CP heli's for a lot of reasons.

WhiteBelt

There are flight simulators as well. They really help with orientation and Tx stick training. My cheapo simulator does not even offer a quad (or did not when I bought it a year ago). I was "training" for a CP heli. Quads actually are a good training tool for CP heli's as well. It turns out the mcpx heli which is a common model found on many simulators flies very similarly to a quad if one does not try to do the 3D stuff. And it can be quite entertaining to creatively crash and not worry about breaking the bank. I may never get back to CP heli's for a lot of reasons.

hubsan h107d the mini fpv model. I should have bought the cheaper one but after watching all these fpv vids on YouTube I thought that this one would be good.

I already want a bigger one, just need to learn how to fly these little bastards....lol