Compass-err

mily

I got quite strange error with my WKM and can't solve it,
Bought Wookong-M controller with F450 frame and DX-8 transmitter with AR8000. Got it three months ago but upgraded firmware few days ago to the current version. The really fresh one.
Installed everything according to instruction GPS/COMPASS module is in coordinates X=0, Y=0, Z =-15 - just ordinary F450 mechanical setup.

I have a problem with compass calibration: switch 8 times 1-3 mode, get blue light, turn around 360 in horizontal, get green light, change orientation to vertical, turn around 360 degrees and then instead 3s white LED I get suddenly this awful red blinking LED. What's happening? Tried in different places, removed all magnetic parts (even removed my watch from the hand), suspicious elements and still the same.
Additionally I have permanently COMPASS-ERR message in the Assistant.
This is really strange. I was changing the mount place of the module but it doesn't work too.
Do you have any experience with it?

iceman

Try reverting back to old firmware if it was ok before. The old firmware and assistant are on the WKM page of DJI website.

mily

I had no occasion to check it before with the old firmware- just new WKM with the latest Assistant. But I've made it - downgraded it to the oldest accessed version 4.2. Still the same : COMPASS-ERR and calibration fails. I found there is comment for this error in the old Assistant - > "compass works abnormally - contact DJI support". Contacted but without answer. Thanks for suggestion anyway.

iceman

Sounds like faulty hardware, it shuld still be under warranty so i would return it to the dealer for repair or replacment if its only 3 moths old.

xtrmtrk

I'm getting the same error after adding a brand new GPS to my Naza. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of the fast red LEDs and "COMPASS-ERR" in the Assistant. I've also never been able to successfully calibrate the compass. I bought it from DJI USA and reported the problem to them on the 19th. No resolution yet. Frustrating to say the least.