Compass calibration

Coomkeen

I've done this once, but not sure I did it right.
Anyway, I've now rotated the GPS/Compass sensor to allow for magnetic variation, and also made changes to the main frame.
So a re-calibrate is called for.

Now swinging it around in the horizontal plane is fine, but turning the quad on it's edge, the manual says:

1. Calibration in vertical: while green light is constantly on, hold your multi-rotor vertically and
    rotate it along with its vertical axis,
So when it says "rotate it along it's vertical axis" does it mean the axis that WAS vertical but is now horizontal, or does it mean it's NEW vertical axis.
If it's the new vertical axis it surely must matter which way up you're holding it - nose down say, or side down.

OK, so I'm a thicko, but I get easily confused when looking too closely at sentences like that.

Just noticed that it does actually say "along WITH it's vertical axis".

Now I'm even more confused...

Bella7821

Read this.
In short, get into calibration mode with nothing in your pockets and no watch or jewelry and hold the quad horizontal like it's hovering.
Then turn your body around 360 degrees, when you get the other flash then point the nose in the air (vertically) and turn around again and when the light goes out it's done.

Hover and go down a straight line about 50ft and if it drifts A LOT, turn the GPS a tad the opposite way of the drift then calibrate again. keep doing that until it will go down the street, grass, whatever in a fairly straight line, then it will hover in one spot (within it's tolerance)

My drifts about 5ft in 50ft but it hovers in the same spot so I left it where it is and it's perfect now.

If you travel to another field and it does a little toilet bowling then just do the above steps and your good.

I have my GPS antenna mounted directly to an arm with velcro so I can adjust if needed.

Attachments

• NAZA GOUGE V3.pdf
    326.4 KB · Views: 342
Last edited by a moderator:

mailman35

or just read any of the other 50 threads that have been started on the topic. because it seems everyone is to lazy to use the search function.
or another 50 threads on will these graupners fit on my crap dji motors.
or another 50 on dji prop broke.

DesJardins

If somebody has a question and is new or couldn't find an answer through search and their post irritates... why even respond?

Let those that don't mind referencing a link to an existing Helpful thread respond
:dejection:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bella7821

Don't you guys know that whenever a helpful post to a question is added that the poster gets $1 US dollar added to their PayPal account on file from the website owner.
That's why I've have hundreds of posts answering questions on a bunch of different forums and have a hefty PayPal account because of it. :greedy_dollars:
Ya Right !