Color correction on Vision+ using FCPX

pgaucher

I just came back from a wonderful trip to the Guilin and Yangshuo regions in China. The topography there is unique and quite stunning. The weather however is another story and the footage I shot with the Vision+ was actually quite brutal in terms of colors and clarity. A constant haze made everything look like crap even though the region is spectacular. I fiddled around with color correction in Final Cut Pro X and realized I need to start doing this for every video moving forward. The result is actually quite surprising and lowering the exposure a bit essentially took out the haze all together.

The link to the video is below. I posted this previously on the video page, but this time I'd like to get your thoughts on two things:

1) Did I overdo the colour correction or does it still look fairly natural (I watched the footage on a HDTV and it comes out very differently than on mobile devices)

2) Do you have any tips on how to apply colour correction in post. This is the first time I do it so feedback is appreciated.

https://vimeo.com/107995891

Last edited by a moderator: