Colin Guinn Injuction Video

jazzboy

This is exactly what turned me off from the guy, the fraternity “cool guy club” persona he exuded made me sick. i spent my whole life hating those pompous kind of ego maniacs, the first second he opened his mouth i was done. Then every video after that made it worse. As a person doing RC for over 30 years and being in the industry for 10, he was not one of us at all.

Sleepy you nailed! The guy was George W. Bush in a tea cup (love him or hate him it works either way). Now that he's gone I think I will be getting an A2. There was nothing about him or his brand of hype that made me purchase 2 Nazas and now an A2, as a matter of fact I was very put of by Mr. Guinn and resistant to put money into a company where they were buying cameras used for feature movies to make Youtube clips, simply laughable.

I recently received some excellent support from DJI China and Empire Hobbies so if that becomes the new model, I believe things are making a turn for the better in a big way.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
this seems to me to be a case of two imperfect partners in an imperfect relationship. If Colin was my employee or partner and if he really did what he's been accused of with the whole SpaceX shenanigans, I'd have wanted him gone immediately. But DJI hasn't exactly warmed our hearts with their every move so it's hard to say who's less wrong.

DJI seems to have nine lives but they've probably gone through 5 or 6 already and their customers may be running out of patience. It's all way more interesting than seeing JC Engines (RC planes) dealers come and go over at FG!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Another prime example of Chinese business ethics I'd say. Good for you Colin.

2vi5te8.jpg

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke

So this article essentially corroborates the contents of Hookem's censored post. DJI was looking for distribution in the huge US market, they hired Guinn & Co. and then, once he had it all up and running, they pulled the rug and forced him out of business so that they could get the cash direct.

And who was it who responded to my "... this is why the chinese are so despised ..." comment a few months ago with "... no we don't ..." ?

Well, do you now?

Nothing will change. The Chinese are what they are and nothing will change. They will be all sweetness and light to get this all sorted out and then the US dealers will be back to playing piggy-in-the-middle between dissatisfied, frustrated customers and a recalcitrant, unhelpful DJI China.

In the meantime, I wish Colin Guinn luck and hope he manages to stick it to them good.

Bartman

So this article essentially corroborates the contents of Hookem's censored post. DJI was looking for distribution in the huge US market, they hired Guinn & Co. and then, once he had it all up and running, they pulled the rug and forced him out of business so that they could get the cash direct.

And who was it who responded to my "... this is why the chinese are so despised ..." comment a few months ago with "... no we don't ..." ?

Well, do you now?

Nothing will change. The Chinese are what they are and nothing will change. They will be all sweetness and light to get this all sorted out and then the US dealers will be back to playing piggy-in-the-middle between dissatisfied, frustrated customers and a recalcitrant, unhelpful DJI China.

In the meantime, I wish Colin Guinn luck and hope he manages to stick it to them good.

so you're willing to completely overlook the accusations made against Colin regarding the SpaceX incident?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I was unaware of a 'SpaceX incident'. However, a quick Google has brought me up to date. Ooops! Someone has been getting carried away with themselves.

So if that story is true then it presents a motive for DJI to cut the ties.
Curiouser and curiouser.

Regardless, I still like the idea of DJI China being given a hard time. Their poor after sales service and apparent general disdain for dealers and customers alike still stands.

Lameworld

I have been a long time reader of MRF find the place to be a great source of information but coming across this topic bothers me, so much that I finally made an account to reply.

The "SpaceX incident", as it is so fondly referred to, is largely blown out of proportion. The "reporting" of it was done with malicious intent and fails to give the full story. I will not get into the speculation of the occurrences of that day. I will just simply say this;

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDkItO-0a4

Who do you think shot SpaceX's following aerials after the ring of fire came out? Colin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

I have been a long time reader of MRF find the place to be a great source of information but coming across this topic bothers me, so much that I finally made an account to reply.

The "SpaceX incident", as it is so fondly referred to, is a joke. The "reporting" of it was done with malicious intent and fails to give the full story. I will not get into the speculation of the occurrences of that day. I will just simply say this;

Who do you think shot SpaceX's following aerials after the ring of fire came out? Colin.

I'd guess your account name was specifically referring to your gift to us of providing additional info on the matter? Can you provide a link please where the "malicious intent" was discussed and where we can learn the full story?

It's amazing to me how so many people from around the world can discuss something yet when individuals feel they need to speak up they have to chastise the group in order to finally participate. Maybe ImaLame would have been a better username?

Bartman

The "SpaceX incident", as it is so fondly referred to, is a joke. The "reporting" of it was done with malicious intent and fails to give the full story. I will not get into the speculation of the occurrences of that day. I will just simply say this;

you're closer to the story than most being in Austin. Why would anyone have a reason to treat Colin (you?) with any malice given that he had just demonstrated a perfectly legitimate application for multi-rotor helicopters?

FWIW, had he used an advanced XY8 heli format those props wouldn't have been visible as he tilted the camera up towards the rocket. just sayin'

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Or an H8. ;)

So many people coming out of the woodwork lately. I really wish there wasn't this cloak-and-dagger-ish secrecy. If people have facts, they should not be afraid to state them clearly, and put their name behind it.

jazzboy

It's funny how two outspoken folks like Lameworld and Hookem have been able to hold their tongues for so long and only now pop up to be so vocal. Lots of important stuff to talk about before Colin....oh sorry I mentioned the Holy One's name.

Bartman

Or an H8. ;)

So many people coming out of the woodwork lately. I really wish there wasn't this cloak-and-dagger-ish secrecy. If people have facts, they should not be afraid to state them clearly, and put their name behind it.

I try to tell people that the internet exposes all liars and BS'ers. Being truthful and forward with people is an absolute necessity on the internet as credibility is so cherished and so hard to get back once you've lost it.

Say what you have to say in the open and people will listen, if they disagree they'll be civil and you'll have a forum to discuss your differences.

but people play games and pretend nobody can guess what their motivations are. crazy