CNC for Hire (FREE) Almost

Al M

I am looking to gain experience and a name for my newly acquired CNC machine.... I will make, cut and or design anything needed for the cost of materials, S&H and bits... I am in the SE Wisconsin area if you are close... I am also a novice RC flyer too.... I can be reached at alm@a2innovations.com or on Facebook at A2 INNOVATIONS LLC..

Thank You
Al

Dubliners

Best of luck Al, I'm a CNC and laser guy myself. Perhaps we can help each other. Haven't cut fiber yet, I hear it tears up bits worse than Chinese Plywood.

chopper

Great to see a few CNC'ers here. what are people doing to handle dust collection of g10 and carbon fiber? Can carbon and G10 be cut with laser? I thought water tables would be best?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubliners

Good ventilation and a decent shop vac and filter should be sufficient provided your dust foot is efficient. It will kill bearings so housekeeping is very important. Carbon acts like all metals and can't be cut with a CO2 laser anyway. Presumably it could be with yag laser though. A rare beast in the hobbyists hands.

Al M

Great little machine... have had it for about 3 months... Only problem so far has been my upgrade of the operating system which of course screwed up the software... had to re install everything... Other than that am looking for projects and getting a feel for the bits.... mills vs router bits, etc.... Would like to design a nice Hex to start... Fly mostly fixed wing craft...

Kilby

Which software did you go with? I use a CNC machine at the hackerspace that I belong to, and we use camBam. I opted to use the same for my machine, so I didn't order any cam software from Probotix.

Also, how was the assemble? I didn't realize they partially put it together for you, so it looks like it should be pretty straight forward.