Clearing Naza error codes?

rcmike

Hey everyone. I got some error codes on my Naza while setting it up due to plugging it in without the RX connected, not having the TX calibrated, some S/N error, etc. Is there a way to clear them out? If I get a new one I'm afraid I won't notice it since there are several already. Not a big deal but just curious.

Tahoe Ed

They will clear as you fix the problems, i.e., connecting the Rx which should be bound to the Tx, calibrating the Tx, and connecting the Naza to the Assistant which will load the SN. If you don't notice them and fix them, you won't be flying long. RTFM!!!! I don't know how many times I have said this. You want to play in our sandbox then do your homework. If you can't find the answer, then ask the question, we will be happy to answer.

Tomstoy2

"If you want to play in our sandbox", I like that! Lol.
Don't mind my busted Hexa in the southwest corner, and try not to step on it.

Seriously guys, DO NOT feel embarrassed to ask questions. I do motion controls for a living and I tell everybody if you want to do something really hard just get involved with this hobby!

rcmike

Okay, I think those comments were a little uncalled for but whatever. I have read the horrible manual several times and I just searched the PDF and there is only one mention of error codes and that is just telling you it is in the menu. Nothing in there says they will clear themselves when corrected. I have searched and haven't found hardly any info on any of the errors I have.

I would assume with some of the errors it is giving me it shouldn't even fly although I have flown it.

If you or someone wants to help then here is a screenshot of the error codes. If not, I'll just go play in someone else's sandbox where there is less cat poop.

1. I have calibrated the TX a few times and I did upgrade the firmware so should that error still be there?
2. The S/N is listed under info and everything seems to be working so do I really need to contact DJI?
3. I was using X2 to adjust some gains but I turned that off, not sure if I need to even worry about this error.
4. Just searched for PMU on this forum and I get "Sorry, no matches" and I don't see it in the manual. Are they referring to the VU? If so, it is connected to the X3 and LED ports and hooked to the battery just like it says in the manual.
5. The RX is connected like it should be unless there is something wrong with it or possibly the Naza doesn't like Dragon Link RXs.

errorcodes.png

Attachments

• error codes.jpg
    error codes.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:

Tomstoy2

Please don't be offended, I ment nothing by it and appologize.

As for the error code, after you correct them, you must then close the assistant and re-open it. They should be gone then.

rcmike

Another little tidbit. Without even having the Naza connected it will bring up these error codes. I even uninstalled the whole Naza assistant and they still are there when I re installed it. For some reason they just aren't going away. The same errors have been on there since I set up the Naza a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not offended, the RTFM commend just rubbed me the wrong way a little since I have read it several times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

rcmike, I did not mean to offend you. If you do the things that I mentioned, power down the Naza including the usb and reconnect to the Assistant after you have powered it back up, i.e., Naza first then Assistant then USB. You should be fine. If not, I am willing to walk you through it. Send me a PM.

rcmike

No problem, I just took it the wrong way. Sometimes It's hard to understand what people mean by what they typed. My first question was kinda vague. I powered down everything and reconnected it as you said and have tried several combinations of when I plugged the Naza in and when I launched the assistant with no luck. For some reason the codes just aren't clearing. I'll send you a PM.

Tahoe Ed

Okay, I think those comments were a little uncalled for but whatever. I have read the horrible manual several times and I just searched the PDF and there is only one mention of error codes and that is just telling you it is in the menu. Nothing in there says they will clear themselves when corrected. I have searched and haven't found hardly any info on any of the errors I have.

I would assume with some of the errors it is giving me it shouldn't even fly although I have flown it.

If you or someone wants to help then here is a screenshot of the error codes. If not, I'll just go play in someone else's sandbox where there is less cat poop.

1. I have calibrated the TX a few times and I did upgrade the firmware so should that error still be there?
2. The S/N is listed under info and everything seems to be working so do I really need to contact DJI?
3. I was using X2 to adjust some gains but I turned that off, not sure if I need to even worry about this error.
4. Just searched for PMU on this forum and I get "Sorry, no matches" and I don't see it in the manual. Are they referring to the VU? If so, it is connected to the X3 and LED ports and hooked to the battery just like it says in the manual.
5. The RX is connected like it should be unless there is something wrong with it or possibly the Naza doesn't like Dragon Link RXs.

errorcodes.png

Did you register your Naza? PMU = WKM VU = Naza. This is a generic error code listing and shows all the codes. I would guess that yours is CFG ERR. This normally occurs after you or before you calibrate your Tx. Hopefully you will be flying soon.

Tomstoy2

So, let me get this right. if you just open the assistant not plugged into the Naza, it still shows an error on the bottom of the screen? I guess it's possible some file did not get removed when you un-installed.

This doesn't sound right at all. Perhaps it's time you called who you bought it from. Both Robert, DJIUSA, and John, AddictiveRC will work with you even if you didn't buy it from them.

Tahoe Ed

You can remove in windows add/remove programs from control panel. Then reinstall Assistant. Tomstoy2, you are right, the error codes should be removed once the Tx has been calibrated and the Naza unit rebooted/powered. This includes removing the USB connection.

rcmike

I am pretty sure I registered it. I seem to recall something coming up the first time I hooked everything up. If not, how could I do it now?

Yeah, I am pretty sure that something is stored on my CPU since it does it even without the Naza connected. I removed the whole assistant program through the add/remove programs and even deleted the left over folder and reinstalled everything and still have the errors even before hooking the Naza up again.

BTW, I have been flying it and it is flying pretty well.

rcmike

Wait a minute, Something just clicked and I think I might be looking at this all wrong. I am getting that list under the About menu at the top and selecting error codes. Is this a list of the actual codes I have or just a list to tell you what the error codes mean? If it is just a generic list then I feel like an idiot now. :shame:

rcmike

Okay. I'm officially an idiot now. Thanks guys for the help. I was thinking surely I didn't have all those errors. :D

38a63a28.jpg

antoniocuadros

Hello everyone.
I have the same list of errors, but thanks to this forum and you are solution is a list of possible errors that appear peuden.
My problem is that my quad conbinacion not start with the rc control.
thank you help me I have already two weeks of setbacks, first with a MultiWii worked I never buy this NAZA M and I do not really feel frustrated.