Cinestar gimbal Nick/Roll compensation values and getting rid of vibrations...how?

osiris

Hey folks,

I have shot some test video trying to find the best Nick/Roll compensation values for my cinestar gimbal (on CS8) powered by MK flight controller. However I did not manage to get satisfying result. Also I still have a vibrations issue.

I used fresh XOAR 14x4 props for which I was hoping will improve the ammount of vibrations but no...still plenty.

Can you guys share your Camera compensation values and ideas for eliminating vibrations?

This gym I went to was awesome as it has a horizontal line on the wall which is great for this sort of tests ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Couple quick points before I jump on a plane:

How well is the camera balanced? If you take off the belts it should not fall off to one side or the other.
What is your camera/payload? Experiment with removing a few vib o rings to soften the gimbal.

For compensation we use 28 for both nic and roll. This is the parameter that decides on the deflection when the Kopter moves so it can be set on the bench. Adjust so camera stays level when rolling,tilting the kopter.

Cheers,
Jeff

osiris

How well is the camera balanced? If you take off the belts it should not fall off to one side or the other.
It's ballanced quite well...keeping in the center when no belt is attached

What is your camera/payload? Experiment with removing a few vib o rings to soften the gimbal.
I used lightweight compact camera...maybe 250grams. I have already removed 2 rings from each attachment point so currently have 16 alltogether.

For compensation we use 28 for both nic and roll. This is the parameter that decides on the deflection when the Kopter moves so it can be set on the bench. Adjust so camera stays level when rolling,tilting the kopter.

Hmm interesting I did not get that low as I thought it's too little...

Remoteworks

Hi Osiris,

Tested the cs360 with the Quadrocopters MK FC gimbal firmware. See images settings to play with.

RW

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-06-19 at 11.27.02 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-06-19 at 11.27.02 PM.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Screen shot 2012-06-19 at 11.27.14 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-06-19 at 11.27.14 PM.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 262

osiris

Hi Osiris,

Tested the cs360 with the Quadrocopters MK FC gimbal firmware. See images settings to play with.

RW

Thanks, but I am not using the separat FC just for the gimbal. I have the gimbal hooked up directly to the FC which is controlling the copter as well. I did some more tests on bench as @jeffscholl suggested and found that values around 28 work best.

I would love to finally install my 360 gimball as well but still not sure if the MK FC is the best option. Trying to get hold of Picloc but George is just not responding to me :-( Also following the HF, RSGS and PH gimbals but not sure what is the best option really for cinestar gimbal. Don't you find MK FC too slow for the 360 gimbal?

Remoteworks

Thanks, but I am not using the separat FC just for the gimbal. I have the gimbal hooked up directly to the FC which is controlling the copter as well. I did some more tests on bench as @jeffscholl suggested and found that values around 28 work best.

I would love to finally install my 360 gimball as well but still not sure if the MK FC is the best option. Trying to get hold of Picloc but George is just not responding to me :-( Also following the HF, RSGS and PH gimbals but not sure what is the best option really for cinestar gimbal. Don't you find MK FC too slow for the 360 gimbal?

Yes the Mk is allot slower then the Picloc or RSGS but at this point it is the only good functioning stabb at the moment.
I had a couple of faulty picloc's because they where crappy manufactured. George is hopefully sending me a new one.

Did i read somewhere that the HF does not work well on the CS gimbal?

RW

Remoteworks

I guess we will have to wait until they fixed it.
Like the picloc because it gives clean cabling > Red epic already got a better/shorter hdmi cable

RW

Attachments

• 6f4c14caa96a11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg
    6f4c14caa96a11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0158_2.jpg
    IMG_0158_2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 316

Remoteworks

The largest you can fit > 19x25mm
I'm using at2820 830kv tctiger or Plettenberg orbit 15 with 13x5 or 12x6
Takeoff weight is 10.5kg