Cinestar 8 HL Professional Rig, Mikrokoper Electronics, Redundancy, RED Epic capable!

The BMW of Multirotors!
CineStar-8 500mm Kit (NOT A CLONE BUT THE REAL DEAL)
All Mikrokopter German electronics:
Mikrokopter Flight Control V2.5 ME
Mikrokopter Navi-Ctrl V2.1 with External Compass
Double Quadro V3 - Cool: Latest Version of the MK ESC’s (REDUNDANT SPECIAL VERSION, Eight ESC, 4 on each board)
Mikrokopter GPS 3.0 with Shield
MK USB (for programming)

500mm CF Arms
Tiger 15x5 Carbon Propeller (8) (top quality)
Heavy Lift Motor Mounts
Tiger Heavy Lift Motors MN4014-400 (8)
Landing Gear
Molex Cables for FC 2.1 and GPS
All necessary mounts, wire, and special vibration dampeners for Flight Control Board.
Cinestar Gimbal Vibration Isolators (4)

Almost exactly like this but Tiger MN4014 Motors instead of MN4012 and, of course, already soldered, connected, programmed and ready to fly.

http://www.quadrocopter.com/FreeFly-CineStar-8-Heavy-Lift-MK-Basic-Kit_p_1152.html

And these EXTRAS Quadrocopter does not include:

GPS 3.0(Brand new just released!!!!)
External Compass (recently released)and custom arm mount
2G Mini-SD card for Navi Board
Gimbal mounting plate (4mm)for the Cinestar vibration mounts
Replaced the Tiger motor connectors with these much better ones:
RCPROPLUS Flat 3-Pole Supra X Brushless Motor Connectors
All wires soldered and flight tested
Lights NOT installed but included (I found they interfered with my video)
Shrink wrap for lights
Heavy duty Aluminum clamps**(16, two for each arm), I found with my Cinestar that the plastic clamps would slip, throwing off motor alignment. These are NOT installed, since I have to disassembled for shipping anyway, but included.
Light Duty Aluminum Clamps (6 for Land gear)
Extra CF Top Plate (Bought for a repair for my other Cinestar and never used)
Misc Motor hardware

Video I did of 1st Flight to show stability and review the RCPROPLUS connectors. (flight starts at 2:40)

The Flight controller, and the Navi controller have been updated with the latest Firmware, released 04-20-2015

Recommended Cameras: Full Frame DSLR, RED, FS 700
Weight Including Motors: ~3650g(8 lbs)
Dimensions: 1000 x 900 x 350mm
Approximant Max Payload: ~5500g (12 lbs easily)
Construction: Gen 2 Carbon Fiber
Propeller: Tiger Carbon 15x5 MR

$3900 CONUS (Shipping included) Paypal, Certified Check, or Cleared Personal Check

This is almost $500 LESS than a kit at Quadrocopter and it is RTF, and has the Navi/GPS upgrade, and aluminum clamps.

NOT INCLUDED

Graupner MX-20 Transmitter and GR-24L Receiver: $250 (Bound, already setup and ready to fly, Rx is new, Tx is not)
Extra Flight Controller 2.1 (used): $250 This gives you an extra margin of safety if you go the redundant route (but still needs a special connector NOT included, see picture)
Battery (Needs 6S)
Gimbal

Flown ONCE (twice now with 10 lbweight test) just to make sure everything worked perfectly, and it did. The Graupner Transmitter is two years old, but recently factory serviced, and everything else is brand new. The Flight controller and the Navi have about 5 flights on them. I setup, tested and programmed them on my other Cinestar for safety, then moved them to the new Cinestar 8 frame, and added the new 3.0 GPS, and external compass.
I have been flying a Cinestar for 3 years, and have extensive experience building and servicing them. I bought everything I needed to build this Heavy Lifter last Fall, but my health has been marginal, and I just completed the build. It is essentially ready to fly. After shipping just put the Arms back on, reconnect the bullets, calibrate in MKTools, and fly. I recommend Graupner for the built in integrated Telemetry with the Mikrokopter hardware. If you have your own Graupner or want to buy a new one I will send you my MX-20 file to help make the setup easier. If you are not familiar with Mikrokotper I will gladly help you with any questions you might have, before AND after the sale and I will include my phone number with the purchase.

Redundancy:
If you do decided to use the redundancy feature you will have to get the "Special Cable" directly from Mikrokopter. You will also have to update the firmware on both Flight Control Boards.
The Double Quadro V3 - Cool can, of course, also be used as a regular board, the way it is currently setup.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.

http://mikrokopter.altigator.com/re...er-board-blctrl-v30-for-8-motors-p-41747.html

http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/Redundant?highlight=(redundancy)|(wiring)

Double Quadro V3 – Cool: (8 ESC’s on two connected boards)
• voltage : 10 to 30V -> 3 -7S Lipo
• 6 -layer PCB for optimal heat dissipation. 70u copper layers make the entire circuit board to the heat sink.
• current: up to 60A (per BL-Unit) and 240A (all together) with appropriate cooling
• current limiting and temperature limiting
• Active freewheeling -> less power loss

Mikrokopter FC V2.5:
• New air pressure sensor with light windshield
• ACC upgrade already fully integrated
• Useable up to 5,000 meters
• Supply voltage up to a max of 6S voltage
• LEDs on the switching outputs
• Additional protection resistors at the servo output
• High-quality gyroscope (MEMS technology) from Analog Devices
• 5 servo outputs
• 1 pressure sensor (up to about 5000m NN)
• Molex connector for easier connection to the distribution boards
• Easy use of Jeti or HoTT telemetry
• Servo and lighting can be connected via pin header
• 4-layer PCB design View attachment 24540 View attachment 24541 View attachment 24542 View attachment 24543 View attachment 24544
PICS>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glmccready/sets/72157649915450493/

Flown twice: (10 lb test)

Attachments

• Cinestar8_HL.jpg
    Cinestar8_HL.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 303
  • Cinestar8_HL_Closeup.jpg
    Cinestar8_HL_Closeup.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 303
  • Cinestar8_HL_extras.jpg
    Cinestar8_HL_extras.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Cinestar8_HL_Compass_GPS3.jpg
    Cinestar8_HL_Compass_GPS3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 303
  • Cinestar8_HL_redundant.jpg
    Cinestar8_HL_redundant.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 302
Last edited by a moderator:

FYI: I know I don't have many post here but I'm active in RC Groups, same user name.

Last edited by a moderator: