Choosing the right DJI model

multiflyer

Hi

I am interested in buying a Multirotor for aerial photography (Gopro Hero-3 level quality or higher)
Minimum flight time should be 8-10 mins. Obviously higher is better.
A Gimbal system would also be necessary for jitter free pics/video

So which of these frames would be best suited for me ?
Phantom-2 vision (or)
S-800 (or)
S-800 EVO

Should my choice of flight controller be the Wookong-M or the A2 ?

I require the complete works (flight controller, radio, Gimbal, GCS etc), not just frame.
So what sort of prices am i looking at ?

Thanks

rilot

Phantom or S800 EVO? That's like asking whether to buy a Ford Focus or a Dodge Ram. Very different beasts for different jobs.
If you only want to lift a GoPro then an S800 is way overkill.

The Phantom Vision you can scratch off your list straight away as there's no way to mount a proper gimbal yet and the stock camera it comes with is a bit poor.
Personally, I'd be looking at a Mk1 Phantom plus an H3-2D gimbal. That will get you up in the air for very little expense. You can then look at moving to a larger frame once you know what it is you need.

maxwelltub

Also goes without saying that you want learn how to fly and maintain the multi before putting the gopro on it. Number one mistake is people getting ahead of themselves.

ddikie

I started with a phantom learnt to fly it, then added a gimble and had loads more fun...then wanted a project so built a 550 from scratch and then moved onto 2 s800 evo's take your time and understand the flying and the back end , programming / soldering and setup, that way you get a much better understanding of the the scene...that was 4 months ago from from start.. Take your time don't rush it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rilot

I started with a phantom learnt to fly it, then added a gimble and had loads more fun...then wanted a project so built a 550 from scratch and then moved onto 2 s800 evo's

Pretty much exactly the same route that I took.
I started with a little Hubsan X4, then went to a Phantom and added a gimbal, then decided I wanted to understand these things properly so built an F550, then tried an APM on the F550 and couldn't get it to fly right so went back to Naza, then finally bought an S800 EVO last week. Total time was also about 4 months and yes, I still fly all of them but am thinking of selling the F550 as it's job will be taken by the S800 EVO.

Tahoe Ed

There is now an other alternative. The Phantom 2 bundled with a H3-2D about 15 min flying times. Less than $900. While you are learning to fly remove the gimbal. The Phantom 2 is very stable.