Checklist Design - Input appreciated.

AshCooper

Hi folks,

I want to put together a series of pre-flight checklists for the community, to help new and experience pilots alike stay safe and make every sortie a great one. But I need your help to make sure these are complete.

I create a checklist for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+. It's designed to be displayed on a tablet or phone in the field. Not perfect yet (icons need a bit of work) but you'll get the idea. I'd be really grateful if I could have some input as to:

1. What I'm missing here
2. What other common models/brands you'd like to see a checklist created for
3. Anything else that you think would be handy.

The idea will be to make these freely available, as well as the source icons and document for those with homebuilt models that aren't covered.

attachment.php

Cheers

Ash

• Phantom 2 Vision+ Final Version is available below.

Attachments

• Checklist_Phantom2V+.pdf
    946.9 KB · Views: 298
Last edited by a moderator:

jdennings

I have p2 not p2+, but I make sure that 6+ GPS lock were obtained at same exact place as take off. (You don't want course lock, home lock, and failsafe behavior to refer to somewhere else ... like your living room or worse ...). In fact I always check for the sequence of two series of all green leds blinking. Of course an easy way to ensure this is to always power up at exact take off location. Seems obvious, but I've seen more than one instance where it was not the case, e.g. power in parking lot then move to take off location, etc ...

AshCooper

I have p2 not p2+, but I make sure that 6+ GPS lock were obtained at same exact place as take off. (You don't want course lock, home lock, and failsafe behavior to refer to somewhere else ... like your living room or worse ...). In fact I always check for the sequence of two series of all green leds blinking. Of course an easy way to ensure this is to always power up at exact take off location. Seems obvious, but I've seen more than one instance where it was not the case, e.g. power in parking lot then move to take off location, etc ...

Yeah - I can see how that would ruin your day!

I've added these into the checklist and have updated the PDF above.

Now, what's next? 3DR? Mikrocopter? s800?

Last edited by a moderator: