Checking in from Sydney

min0nim

Hi all!

What a great forum. Like loads of others I suspect, I've gotten here through photography. I've been looking at kite photography for ages , but when starting out on that, found just how accessible multirotors are.

I was almost convinced to get a phantom so I'd have everything sorted to be able start beautiful aerial photography....haha, how naive I was a few weeks ago!

Thanks to a lot of good reading here, I've bought myself a Blade Nano which I'm crashing all the time, and now parts for a F550 to learn how they all go together.

I recon' in about 10 years I'll be able to fly one we'll enough to risk putting my precious camera and lenses on!

Speak soon,
min.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fat Corgi

Welcome. Don't be dismayed, the crashing is a big part of it. As is the rebuilding after a crash. No better way to learn what everything does, and how to make it better.

mrkeb

mrkeb
You're smarter than me. I have two blade QX350's and wish I'd bought something more robust. After replacing three bodies and one gopro camera (ouch) I've become a bit gun-shy. Did you know that Gopro wifi blocks Auto-home on the blade unless the body is shielded with foil. I found out after I lost my first 350Qx and Gopro silver into the sun.

brewski

brewski
Hi MinOnim, I am from Aust too (Cleveland Qld) & have only been into quads for about 6 months. If you check out my post on Members Intro you will see I'm a Multiwii convert. This platform is the cheapest way into this great hobby & the current MW2.3 Navi b7 has all the advanced features of APM/Megapirates such as Missions, Autoland, Fencing & much more. I have been running this version for two months now & have found it stable & easy to fly. An even more advanced version is due for release sometime this year. I havn't even bothered tuning PIDS as it flies so well with the frame I have. I've ordered a Mobius camera & plan to do photography as well as FPV. What flight controller are you going to use with your F550? Cheers..B

min0nim

Hi Brewski, looks like you've been well and truly bitten by the multirotor bug.

I went with a Naza for the F550, but have got a Hoverfly Pro for larger X8 that's almost finished. It's pretty hard to find people using some of the more exotic FC's in Aus, so I really just took the plunge on the HFP because I enjoy manual flying, and the HFP is supposedly king if that.