Cheap FPV with receiver?

skan

Hello.

What cheap drone + camera + receiver kit or commercial model able to show real-time video on the receiver (to control the drone) would yo suggest?
or maybe with a connection to output the image to a smartphone.

Preferably small but stable and with good range.
Maybe with a 0.00008lux Star Super Low Light 800TVL 1/2 CMOS camera or similar.

Maybe the F450 or cheaper but I don't know what receiver has an embedded screen or output for an smartphone.

Last edited by a moderator:

skan

what is your budget? welcome to the site!
Thank you.
The problem is that my budget is low. Could it be possible for $200 ?
That's why I'm considering using my phone (as a screen) connected to the receiver to save some money.
But I don't know what connector or software I would need.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thank you.
The problem is that my budget is low. Could it be possible for $200 ?
That's why I'm considering using my phone (as a screen) connected to the receiver to save some money.
But I don't know what connector or software I would need.

it depends on what your expectations are and what overall capabilities you'll need. there are some small ready-to-fly quadcopters that have cameras and can feed to a cell phone but their range is very limited and they are more like toys which is a step below hobby grade equipment. figure that they won't have the range or battery time and if they crash it will be harder to get parts. I don't know any particular models off the top of my head so you'll have to google it but i'm guessing you were expecting more than that.

just a wireless video system alone with an inexpensive camera can be $100 to $300. try Hobbyking.com for inexpensive heli frames, motors, esc's, FPV gear.....that'll be the cheapest place to get a better heli going but you'll be building from parts, our preferred method here, but the RTF quads may be an option as well.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Hello.

What cheap drone + camera + receiver kit or commercial model able to show real-time video on the receiver (to control the drone) would yo suggest?
or maybe with a connection to output the image to a smartphone.

Preferably small but stable and with good range.
Maybe with a 0.00008lux Star Super Low Light 800TVL 1/2 CMOS camera or similar.

Maybe the F450 or cheaper but I don't know what receiver has an embedded screen or output for an smartphone.
Bienvenidos @skan.
Pues, tengas cuidado si pasas por HK por los "impuestos" y "comisiones" que vas a sufrir a los manos de aduanas y igual los gangsters a DHL. Si puedas comprar a traves de su almacen "Europe", bien. Si no, suerte!

Gary Seven

Rocketman
hmmmm.....buying from Hong Kong is an issue I guess?
Bart, getting stuff shipped to me from HK, the USA, or anywhere outside the EU has been at the very least...painful, and at the most a friggen nightmare. Small example:

Two months ago I ordered about 28$ worth of parts from HK with another $23 of shipping. Three weeks later, I get a call from DHL Spanish customs telling me I owe 55€ in both VAT and duties fees. So, they demanded an amount of money greater than the total value of my order, including shipping. I told them to go f**k themselves and rejected the delivery. I wrote to HK begging them to stock more stuff in their "European" warehouse so I don't have to go through this, but was met with silence.

So now I try whenever possible to buy from people in the EU, and the few RC hobby suppliers there are here in Spain. It's a real problem, dude.:mad:

skan

Bienvenidos @skan.
Pues, tengas cuidado si pasas por HK por los "impuestos" y "comisiones" que vas a sufrir a los manos de aduanas y igual los gangsters a DHL. Si puedas comprar a traves de su almacen "Europe", bien. Si no, suerte!
Gracias. El problema es que en Europa es mucho más caro.

If your starting from zero, figure a $1000 and up.

That's strange because for this price you can get a well-known commercial drone, such as the Phantom 2.
I was expecting to get something cheaper by building it myself , even if it's ugly.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Just as a last note on this thread. What many people do not realise is there is just so much stuff to get if you are starting from scratch, me I could easily get a mini quad built for around $100 and it would carry a GoPro but there are items I would not have to buy that a beginner would have to get as part of his starter kit. For a beginner I would think $400-500 would be about right but the gear would be basic.

skan

My main concern is the video receiver with integrated screen or with output to a smartphone, and how.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Well generally you don't want a phone near you when operating an MR, best to use goggles but you can get a screen with integrated 5.8Ghz receiver!