Channel reversing in naza assistant

Shaggy33

So I sorted the wiring issue but now have another conundrum and would really appreciate some help. Disco is all set up with base settings etc but can't get throttle channel sorted to operate motors.
if I have throttle channel in normal on assistant and normal on tranny I can't arm and operate the motors. If I reverse channel on tranny only I can arm by moving stick up (not down!) and towards centre and then rev motors but the stick is reversed (ie full throttle is stick down). So I thought a simply reverse of channel on the assistant would sort it but no such luck as its doesn't work at all.
i have tried all 4 variations 1. Tranny norm/assistant norm 2. Tranny reverse/assistant reverse 3. Tranny reverse/assistant norm and 4. Tranny norm/assistant reverse but the only success I have is up arming and reversed throttle action.
please help of you can

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
But how does the throttle move on the assistant? Does the bar move right for full throttle and left for low? Did you do the stick calibration? Throttle endpoints set to 100% on your transmitter?

Shaggy33

Yes the bar moves from left to right for full throttle. The end points are on 150% which is the max on dx8 (it's 125 on DX6i), should they only be 100?

Benjamin Kenobi

I usually only use 100% on Spektrum (I think).

And calibration? I assume yes. Hmmm, Try 100% and do the calibration again, and make sure all the sliders are green when you press finish.

Throttle trim maybe?

Shaggy33

It's funny you mention trim but firstly yes to calibration after any changes, can't remember them being green (May have been black) but I'll check.
i noticed earlier than the main screen trim showed it was a couple of clicks off Central which I corrected but still didn't work!

Shaggy33

Really thought I had cracked it but no such bloody luck! I set up brand new model as I was using a model that a mate had left in the radio I bought off him. All channels are being read by the assistant and all arrows are green at centre (throttle goes black when it is not in centre, is this correct?) but no arming at all now even with sticks at top.
i am losing the will to live with this now!

Benjamin Kenobi

How are you trying to arm? Are you doing the CSC (Controlled Stick Movement)? This is where you move both sticks to the bottom outermost positions (as in the manual picture).

Benjamin Kenobi

You'll work it out. This is a common problem when you're figuring out stuff for the first time.

Is the travel range on your throttle channel at 100% (in both directions) on your transmitter? You are unplugging the USB cable to try and arm it aren't you (it's disabled when the USB is plugged in)?

Shaggy33

Yes sticks outwards and at bottom. Yes always unplug naza from PC when trying to arm.
i am ready to throw the thing at the wall now. Should all the flight modes be in attitude or manual when arming? I only ask as I haven't set trims yet and some of the switches positions weren't on the right place on the bar at bottom of assistance . None were on failsafe though which I guess is the main thing

Shaggy33

Well I've spent all of Christmas trying to get my tbs motors to arm and work! The only thing I haven't tried because I read somewhere that's it already been done at the factory is calibrate the speedos (ie plug each one in, go to full throttle power up then down to read stock high points and low points.
this means dismantling it, is it worth it?

Benjamin Kenobi

Not worth it.

If you go to settings on this forum and then edit signature, add in all the equipment you have, like I've got at the bottom of each post. It will make it easier for us to diagnose the problem.

I still think it's a transmitter calibration thing. Well, possibly/maybe/sort of.

Post some screen shots of your assistant program settings or a video of the problem.

You'll fix it! Believe me when I say we all had this problem in the very beginning!

This sounds horribly like the problems I just went through on a 550 (see thread in this forum)

I eventually overcame it all by setting the throttle trim lever FULLY DOWN and then doing the ESC end point setup with
max -> min throttle on startup.

Worked for me - maybe you have fell into this trap too ?
Ian

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Wait, did you calibrate the esc's? It says on the box from TBS that the calibration may have been reset from the factory.

-----------------------------------------------
Sent from my electronic telecommunications thingy majiggy, using my fingers and stuff.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Oh ignore that, just seen where you did..lol

-----------------------------------------------
Sent from my electronic telecommunications thingy majiggy, using my fingers and stuff.